Mall Walking Therapy

VEM

Advisor Member
Lately I've been mall walking as a way to get a bit of exercise and get out of the house. Recently during one of my walks as I threaded my way through the crowds the thought came to me that mall walking can be a good way to battle impatience and anger flareups. Think about it. You have to deal with people suddenly blocking your way and this can be irritating because you want to maintain a fast paced walk. Impatience makes you irritated by your path being blocked, it makes you angry until you come to realize that being irritated and angry are useless emotions that can be diminished and quelled by realizing they are useless in this situation. Not helping things. With time when you are blocked you simply find a way around without experiencing impatience and flareups of anger.

I'm a high strung person. Always been like that. I think being high strung is a brain characteristic that some of us are born with and its something that can be made worse by spoiling a child and not teaching them how to have patience. Through the years though I've learned to deal with it and keep it from making matters worse.

Something else about mall walking. Those people in the way of your path are like problems that crop up in your life. Blocking your path. Being irritated and angry does not help the situation, you simply find a way to deal with them.

Mick IOM

Coaching Member
I love mall walking therapy. I've used this myself after having worked on an isolated farm in Australia for 3 months before moving to Melbourne. It helped me to connect with other people again.

Not only do I think that you can overcome your own issues, it's also very interesting to observe other people. For all, I know they've got their own problems going on in their life.

Observing those people with increased curiosity can bring some great perspective to your own life.

All the best,
Mick

Thanks for sharing such valuable information. This post helps me in many ways. I used to be an introvert
but now I am socializing in a better way. Thanks again. Well, I am employed at 7 dollar essay review. If you need any help on essay writing just visit our site.