Making Money Online

Milton

Does anyone make money online through selling items over eBay or some stuff like that? I've seen a large increase in the demand for goods online and I thought perhaps some of us here would've had an experience with selling stuff online for that quick extra bucks.

Would anyone like to share their experiences?

iebo

I've never sold any possessions online but I have bought from Ebay before. I advertised a coffee table on Craigslist but didn't get any interest in it. I am going to a giant garage sale event in a few weeks to sell off (hopefully) a lot of my stuff that I don't want anymore. The problem for me with selling online is knowing how much to charge and also shipping charges and such.

There's other things you can do online to earn a few bucks in your spare time besides selling. I do a lot of survey sites and some other things.

Milton

What I do when setting a price is that I check out similar products and their pricing. For example if I'm selling an XBox game, I look around to see how much people are selling for. Also, I compare it to the price of the item which I paid for initially and I see if it's even worth it to sell it. If the game costs $49.95 and people are selling it for $10.95, I might as well keep the game since I'll be making a huge loss. I don't plan to sell it at exact retail price, but the lowest I'll go is probably 50% of the initial retail price.

For shipping, I think it's usually based on postage costs in your country. Shipping to North America or South America (which is probably the furthest from where I live) costs up to $50 depending on the weight and dimensions of the item.

angela

I tried to sell dresses online, using my facebook account. I uploaded photos, put price and tagged some of my friends. My friends responded to it. They sent their orders through email, or chat. But, I stopped that selling online due to personal reason.

beingwell

I am also an online seller. Like Angela, I sell clothes and accessories in bulk. I post pictures online and wait for orders to come in. I also sell food supplements. :D

speedy

Advisor Member
Me and my husband are selling things on craigslist. We are posting an ad online through craigslist and we only deal with local buyers. So far, it is a good earning online and it helped us a lot for our financial needs and bills. The last thing we sold was a Bread Maker given to him by his friend. I even make an article on how to sell on craigslist based on my experience. The title must contain a SEO or eye catchy to the buyers. I agree with "iebo", re: pricing them, we compare prices from other seller and so far it works good.

AmazingP

Advisor Member
I am not yet into eBay or any online site selling tangible goods. I am however promoting a new online program right now in Facebook and so far everything is doing well. One thing for sure is the fact that if we are not doing business taking advantage of the online infrastructure then we are left behind by this trend.

Yolanda

I've sold items online before. Mostly because I am a vivid vintage my little pony collector, and there isn't always a person interested in a trade. These sells mostly take place at the special online communities for collectors, but there are also tons of people selling through eBay. I haven't sold much on eBay myself, but I am planning on putting a hardly worn pair of boots online. It can be a great way of generating some extra income and you make someone else happy with a good item as well. Next to all these personal benefits it's also good for the environment to re-use our items and not throw them away.

Cecil Estrera

As for me, I sell electronic loads for mobile phones online and I accept Paypal payments. I am still studying if I get enough profit from my capital because only a few chooses to buy load online. They prefer buying on the stores 'cause it's much cheaper. Maybe I'll think of other online selling business that really makes a good profit.

moon

I have tried selling something online but not for personal stuff or even ebay. I have tried affiliate sites like amazon affiliates and clickbank and such. In my case, SEO and other techniques are needed for you to succeed.

But I am planning to launch a food store were you can also order it online. Advertising it on craiglist or on other advertising sites usually helps and much better if the things you are selling is unique and desirable.

Cecil Estrera

I have tried selling something online but not for personal stuff or even ebay. I have tried affiliate sites like amazon affiliates and clickbank and such. In my case, SEO and other techniques are needed for you to succeed.

But I am planning to launch a food store were you can also order it online. Advertising it on craiglist or on other advertising sites usually helps and much better if the things you are selling is unique and desirable.
I think that would be great friend. What kind of food do you plan to sell online?

moon

I think that would be great friend. What kind of food do you plan to sell online?
Well I have been planning to sell a specific dessert that you can only buy on a plate means that you have to sit down to eat it but I will make it like a ice cream where you can enjoy it with one hand, standing or moving around.

The online store would be manually done, cash first delivered, or you can get it in our store/location where we make it.

I am just waiting for December to open my store because people tend to spend more cash and have parties that my dessert could be a great addition to but the online store would be open this july or august.

Cecil Estrera

Well I have been planning to sell a specific dessert that you can only buy on a plate means that you have to sit down to eat it but I will make it like a ice cream where you can enjoy it with one hand, standing or moving around.

The online store would be manually done, cash first delivered, or you can get it in our store/location where we make it.

I am just waiting for December to open my store because people tend to spend more cash and have parties that my dessert could be a great addition to but the online store would be open this july or august.
Oh! So everything's planned then. Goodluck on your upcoming business friend. May the Lord guide you on that. :)

fsxss

I've recently heard about a so-called P2P currency called Bitcoin. Even though I'm technically-minded, I couldn't find the patience to understand how it works, but from what I've gathered you can obtain Bitcoins in several ways, including accepting them as payment for goods (it's a nice way of differentiating your business because of the novelty) or running an application on your computer that will use your processor and graphics card to perform complex calculations. You can then use your Bitcoins to buy stuff from people that accept them or trade them for real cash at an exchange.

It didn't seem that promising to start with, but I definitely lost all interest when a week ago news broke that a popular Bitcoin exchange suffered an attach which caused each Bitcoin's value to drop from about $ 20 to less than $ 0,01 in a matter of minutes. All transactions since the attach were rolled back and the value returned to normal, but it still doesn't inspire great confidence.

If you want to learn more, the website is here.

moon

Oh! So everything's planned then. Goodluck on your upcoming business friend. May the Lord guide you on that. :)
Yes its already planned. Just waiting for december so we can start. This is the first time I alone will start a store so I am a little bit meticulous about everything. I did some stores before but not alone and not my own money and no plans to expand.:D

radascars

Advisor Member
Does anyone make money online through selling items over eBay or some stuff like that? I've seen a large increase in the demand for goods online and I thought perhaps some of us here would've had an experience with selling stuff online for that quick extra bucks.

Would anyone like to share their experiences?
I sold one of my psp before in ebay and after 2 days it was purchased instantly. I guess online markets are good when you don't want to waste your time going to the mall and buy stuff that sometimes is expensive.

moneymakingmom

Coaching Member
I don't sell actively on Ebay, though I do earn money online other ways writing articles, knols (Google) and hubs. Also, I do some blogging and now even have a forum. It's nice to be able to earn a part time income to cover the groceries that we need for the house.

Cecil Estrera

I don't sell actively on Ebay, though I do earn money online other ways writing articles, knols (Google) and hubs. Also, I do some blogging and now even have a forum. It's nice to be able to earn a part time income to cover the groceries that we need for the house.
Good for you! Me, I am now able to shoulder the expenses for my kids, which includes diapers and milk.
I am really glad to be of help with regards to the expenses for my husband. :)

zararina

Coaching Member
I had never buy anything online but i do search online when buying something. I find sellers near my place and go on their shops personally to see the item myself. I had tried to sell some of my stuffs before but have not receive a response from a sure buyer.