Making Money Doing What You Love

Derek Felton

I think one gets into a "flow" when they are doing something they love. It's easier to see opportunities because your vision isn't clouded by contempt for your current position. That expanded view can lead to more wealth because service is at the heart of the activity. From my experience, and if we look all around us, the people who are providing the most service are generally the happiest and making an awesome living!

pokladnicka

I have nothing to argue, I think you are right.

I think you can find your purpose in life and make lots of money if that is «included», let´s say, in the real purpose that you have to life once you have reached your true potential. What does it happen if you achieve your real potential and still do not make so much money?

That maybe in your real purpose it is not included to make money. That does not mean neither that you should feel sad about that. That means, simply put, that while it is true that you are living your real potential it is not within the purpose of that potencial living being rich.

pipps

I completely agree and I'm pretty sure that everyone would love to make money doing what they love. I want to have a job where I'm feeling down on a friday and excited for Monday.

I will work towards this as much as I can. I'm coming up with business ideas and hope to start job searching in a new city and move there as soon as I can. To be honest, right now I feel like if I can make any money I would be happy with that:)

Ashley Pittman

Yes I totally agree that if you do what you love you can make a lot of money as well. My issue has been figuring out what it is I truly love! I love being a mom, but I also work outside of the home and not doing what I love being there. I would love to be able to work from home online while being home with my kiddos. But speaking of law of attraction, I love that book called the Secret where it talks about attracting the things you want by what you think, feel and say. Awesome book!

I would rather make money doing something I absolutely love to do vs. hating what I do because I strongly believe that you make more money when you're doing something you are passionate about. You don't carry the stress, headache, or unbalance of doing something you hate doing.

Remember, it's not work if you enjoy doing it! :)

shawnlim

Just like what Steve Jobs has to say, you have to love what you do.
If you're not passionate in it, you're going to quit when you hit the obstacles.
This is because being successful is not an easy task. You have to go through a lot of tough times
to produce outstanding results in life. Thus, if you don't love what you do, you're going to quit. :)

AJWalton

This is the ideal in my opinion. You can make a lot of money and not be happy, but if you find the right vehicle, one that is rooted in your purpose and that you feel good about, you can make a lot of money and be really happy as well. Fullfilling your duty and purpose is the best way to feel fullfillment and if you can figure out how to get paid at the same time, that is really the royal road in my opinion. Any additional thoughts to this?
I think it's just as important to come from the other side...learn to love what we do. Passion can be cultivated by improving our skills and solving problems, as well as seeing purpose in our work.

Choosing something we love and making money from it is great - I do it with traveling and writing, but loving what we're doing RIGHT NOW, no matter what, is even better.

Cole Erispe-O'Connor

Advisor Member
I Agree, that if you're making money and are absolutely in love with what you're doing nothing on this planet will stop you from continuing to do so. There may be hick ups or lessons disguised as failures, but where there is love there is inspiration and a vehicle fueled by inspiration is unstoppable. People tend to follow passionate people, and if you're not truly passionate about what you do how can you attract the people in your life required to help you generate wealth?

I'm glad to see people loving what they're doing and getting paid for it. It's motivating and refreshing!

Olga Kostrova

I would invite focus less on "purpose" and instead focus and here and now. What is in my hands, what is in front of me, who I am today... Full presence leads to curiosity, curiosity leads to creativity, and the by-product of creativity can always be monetized. :)

pipps

I am now doing what I love! And making money from it! I have set up two businesses where I am creating products, and I love doing that! I've only been doing this for a month but I am now happier than I ever have been and making some money! :D

KaraDC2003

Doing what you love, and loving what you do is what it's all about. It's what we're naturally designed to do. It's how life is supposed to be.

I just finished reading Simply Successful by Evan Dorren, which is all about this subject: creating conditions under which what you love doing comes naturally and simply. Would recommend it for anyone who is searching for their passion.