Make yourself memorable

Jessi

What memorable people do differently

1. They don’t just talk – they act
2. They force themselves to experiment with lots of different experiences
3. They do spontaneous, crazy, fun things
4. They care about others – and act to make a difference in their lives
5. They’re a person, not a resume
6. They try, make mistakes, then get up and try again.

Are you memorable?

IsabelleChan

Wow! This is a very inspirational thread. A must-read checklist for every aspiring individual. I think I am an eligible candidate for 2, 3,4 and 6, but I may have to work harder on 1 and 5. Thanks for sharing!

sute

I don't know if I would really want to be a memorable person. That's when people start making judgements and misinterpreting your actions or behaviour. I prefer to just get on with my business and have as little attention on me as possible.

Jessi

I don't know if I would really want to be a memorable person. That's when people start making judgements and misinterpreting your actions or behaviour. I prefer to just get on with my business and have as little attention on me as possible.
I don't think memorable means judgments and obsession in this sense. We're not talking about becoming a celebrity. Being memorable could simply mean going out of your way to make someone happy instead of blowing off the world.

sute

I don't think memorable means judgments and obsession in this sense. We're not talking about becoming a celebrity. Being memorable could simply mean going out of your way to make someone happy instead of blowing off the world.
I dunno, it doesn't take much of an act to get people's attention for the wrong reasons, and you could have the best of intentions. What seems like a good deed to you could be a terrible thing to someone else and they might not be so reasonable in their response. The world is full of weird people with even weirder views, the more you act out towards others, inevitably the more response you get, and not all of it will be positive.

Jessi

So you would rather avoid every one as much as possible.... and not interact with people (that would include online, by the way, because you're making an affect with every interaction).... than to risk having a negative affect somewhere on someone? Do you have any idea how many positives that you're ultimately avoiding then?

sute

Well I'm not altogether interested very much in a lot of things people think of as positive and negative, it's all just perspective. You might think it's avoiding positive things, I might think it in itself is a positive thing.

A

artistry

Very interesting. Good list. More of the points fit me then not, But the one other thing would be, that people have to pay attention, if you are going to be memoranle. "o)
Thanks.

Adam Mason

Thanks for sharing this! In today's world of mediocrity and the desire to live "under the radar" it is refreshing to see someone discuss living "memorably". The greatest achievements in history were not realized by those living "under the radar" they were created by those with a courageous spirit who weren't afraid to live memorably!

Narkissos

What memorable people do differently

1. They don’t just talk – they act
2. They force themselves to experiment with lots of different experiences
3. They do spontaneous, crazy, fun things
4. They care about others – and act to make a difference in their lives
5. They’re a person, not a resume
6. They try, make mistakes, then get up and try again.

Are you memorable?
Am I? I believe so. :)

I honestly believe that I live my life to the fullest. It has never been easy... but, it has been enjoyable.

I've been self-employed for over a decade, and own my own businesses. I published my first book last year... and I'm working on the 2nd and 3rd titles currently. I'm releasing my first single this year... and have been getting requests to perform at various venues.

Last year, I decided that I would not say 'no' to any opportunity that manifested. As per #3 and #6 on the above list, I did spontaneous/crazy things. I tried things... I failed. I learned. I grew.

It was a beautiful experience...and one that continues to evolve from day to day.

I've digressed though.

Great list! Thanks for posting.

Tumbleweed

I also think this is a great list, and definitely something to give thought to. Personally, I don't care if i am memorable in the eyes of the world, but I DO want to be memorable to my family, and to the people that I love.
Pretty much it all comes down to being yourself, and being a complete person, who cares about other people, and not just cares, but does something about it, to the best of their ability.
I do try to do this, but I know there is still a whole lot of room for improvement.