Loving Two Persons At The Same Time

matthewebbert

Yes it happens with most of the people. according to me once you compare one person with another and you found that they have some different quality as per your interest so you love both of them..

TheBrit

Don't think anyone can love two people in exactly the same way, although people, male and female do love more than one person all the time, partner, parents and children being the classic cases, all loved by one, but all in different ways.
The man who says he loves two women in exactly the same way has his back to the wall, and it's the classic "I don't know what to do" statement. he may well love two women, but generally those two women are in his life for totally different reasons, One the homemaker and generally his anchor, the second as a sexual partner, mistress. I have known many of these through the years but have never met anyone in a relationship with two women providing identical needs.

Isantis Tao

Coaching Member
I think that anyone who thinks that true love is only for one single person is a very unenlightened person. This idea goes against the concept of love and what true love really is. Ask yourself, does god only love one person? Or does god love everything? That is true love. True love is not love for one thing. It is a general feeling of love that you feel for life and many things in it.

It is like the concept of soul mates. I feel as though this idea is a very unspiritual idea. It means that there is only one person that you can share a deep spiritual connection with out there and that everyone else you are disconnected with or not on the same wavelength with. When a person who is truly spiritual knows that everything is connected, and especially if you are becoming enlightened, you will feel that connection with all people and their consciousness, and everyone becomes your soul mate.

MoreSuccess

Senior Advisor
Staff member
Isantis, I agree with you. True love is our spiritual essence and oneness, and transcends love for a single person. I believe a "soul mate" is simply another soul which you have a connection with and have chosen to come together with in this life, for whatever reason. It doesn't mean a stronger love, rather just a connection.

Isantis Tao

Coaching Member
Right! Why would you have only one person that you could love of share a deep connection with? It doesnt make sense. Also it is evolutionarily unsound. Mankind did not evolve to the point we are at today by practicing monogamy.

MoreSuccess

Senior Advisor
Staff member
Of course that has to be mutual, most intimate relationships (and certainly marriage) will usually be based upon monogamy. It doesn't mean you couldn't love others in that way, but you choose not to.

NelleD

Yes I believe it is possible for a man or woman to love 2 of the opposite sex the reason I say that is cause I have done it I was dating my best friend and he still is my best friend of 22 plus years we were dating for almost 2 years well back in May the other guy and I started talking again the guy is my husband and I thought he was my ex husband but found out that he signed the wrong paperwork so yes it is possible but it is also a hard decision in the end on who u want cause u love them both