Loving Two Persons At The Same Time

AmazingP

Advisor Member
Do you think that it is really possible for a man to love two women at the same with the same intensity and on same level? There are times when we meet someone who would claim to be torn between two lovers and how difficult it is to choose one person over the other.

As for me, I think it is sincerely possible for this situation to exist: Falling in love seriously with two equally good individuals at the same time.

What would be your best single advice to a man -- or even a woman -- in this situation?

zararina

Coaching Member
I beg to disagree with the idea of being in love equally to two different persons. I think it was just either you do not really love the first one to be able to love another one. Or you do not really love them both and you just being selfish to have them both at the same time even you clearly know you will hurt them both the moment they will know they are "two" in your heart.

Cecil Estrera

Yes, I think it is possible. I said so because I have a guy friend who has experienced falling in love with two women all at the same time. He said he cannot really decide as to which he should choose so what happened was that he ended up losing both of them.

I am against it though. 'Cause I think it is such a selfish act. I believe that when you really love someone, love him/her with all of your heart. Devote your attention and love to her/him and not to anybody else. I think this can be prevented in the first place, if only the person sticks to one and love him/her with all of his/her might.

AmazingP

Advisor Member
Yes, I think it is possible. I said so because I have a guy friend who has experienced falling in love with two women all at the same time. He said he cannot really decide as to which he should choose so what happened was that he ended up losing both of them. I am against it though. 'Cause I think it is such a selfish act. I believe that when you really love someone, love him/her with all of your heart. Devote your attention and love to her/him and not to anybody else. I think this can be prevented in the first place, if only the person sticks to one and love him/her with all of his/her might.
I agree with your suggestion, Cecil. The best thing to do is when we love a person we should really close our heart to other people and focus all our time and attention with that person-- that is as far as erotic love is concerned. This will prevent so many headaches and heartaches in the future as time to choose which one to be with will really be coming. We can't have two lovers at the same for all time. ;)

Cecil Estrera

I agree with your suggestion, Cecil. The best thing to do is when we love a person we should really close our heart to other people and focus all our time and attention with that person-- that is as far as erotic love is concerned. This will prevent so many headaches and heartaches in the future as time to choose which one to be with will really be coming. We can't have two lovers at the same for all time. ;)
Yes, it is always dependent on the person whether he will or will not accept temptations when he is already committed to someone. I believe people like this can be called cheater as well because they have not stuck to the promise of loving their partners exclusively.

fancyfingers

Do you think that it is really possible for a man to love two women at the same with the same intensity and on same level? There are times when we meet someone who would claim to be torn between two lovers and how difficult it is to choose one person over the other.

As for me, I think it is sincerely possible for this situation to exist: Falling in love seriously with two equally good individuals at the same time.

What would be your best single advice to a man -- or even a woman -- in this situation?
I do not think a person can love two people at the same time with the same intensity and on the same level because the love I am thinking of comes from being in a monogamous relationship that was a intense like that turns into love. When you are sharing your intimate personal ideas and thoughts with one person, you are not committed and loving the other person in a manner in which they should be, and you expect from them.

Nicole Bailey

Yes, it is absolutely possible to for a man to love two women on the same level with the same intensity at the same time. The question you are asking is not necessarily referring to love but to romantic, monogamous relationships which is where it gets tricky. A man (or woman) simply has to make a choice if he or she wants to be in a committed relationship with either person. What a person in this situation has to do is quite simple; make a choice. The choice might not be easy, but it is simple. At the end of the day, however, he has to remain true to himself.

summerRain

I believe that it is possible for a man to love two women at the same time, but not with the same intensity.

No matter how attached he is to both parties, there is still only ONE person on which he is more attached to, and he is more "in love". Maybe the other person has done something nice to the guy or maybe he is spending a lot more time to the other one. This may trigger some emotional feelings towards this person and you may not understand why or how you can stop them.

That situation is really a tough one, but in order to have a healthy relationship, the guy should choose only one. He have to think it over and to weigh things. If he will continue to be involved to the two women, there is a big possibility that he will lose both of them.

pwcross

I think that a person can have amazing chemistry and an intense connection with more than one person at a time. On the other hand, "love," in my opinion, is a choice. Yes, it is based on powerful feelings, but at the end of the day, you have to choose to love the person you're with. Even if you're with someone with whom you share a passionate, intense connection, if you're with that person long enough, there will come moments when you argue, or annoy each other, or endure hard times, or simply don't like each other much for that instant; in those moments, that's when you choose love. It's easy to believe you're in love when things are passionate and new, but love is a much deeper communion of values and true commitment.

A

artistry

.... I just wrote a poem about this situation this morning, basically with the premise of being torn between two people you care about. I think that you can have a strong love for someone, at the same time as you are in love with another individual. But the strong emotional surges, that happen when one is in love, I don't think can happen with two people at the same time. I don't think that one's emotions could handle it. These are two separate emotional states, as I see it. You can be in love with a person and you can love another person, but one is quite stronger than the other, in my opinion.

Karim Jessa

Is it love, or is it sexual attraction? Love, I believe, cannot be mistaken. Love, if you take away the sexual aspect, is an intimate friendship. I doubt if you can like two friends in exactly the same way. There will be differences in the friendship based on the differences in character of the two friends. Love works the same way. You may feel you love two people to the same degree, but there will still be important differences in the way you love each one.

The person who claims to love two people equally is probably blinded by sexual attraction. Once that is removed, or rather, once it is satisfied, the other aspects of the relationship will come to the surface. Then it should't be difficult to choose the right person.

rose banks

It happened to me one time. The only thing that could combat this kind of feeling is having self-control.Because if you knew your limitations and you knew you have commitment to other people then you can fight this feeling. I agree with you too, focus only to the person you love because it will hurt them so much if they will know that half of you is in love with another and you don't want that to happen.

rose banks

It happened to me one time. The only thing that could combat this kind of feeling is having self-control.Because if you knew your limitations and you knew you have commitment to other people then you can fight this feeling. I agree with you too, focus only to the person you love because it will hurt them so much if they will know that half of you is in love with another and you don't want that to happen.

Ryan Doug

It can possibly happen that a person can love two person at the same time, but not with the same intensity of feelings. You can love two person but surely there is only one person that will really captivate your love, and the other one is only an attraction.

bneil

If you love a second person, for sure you didn't love the first person that much. You should pick the second, because it means he/she is whom you really love.

Ryan Doug

If you love a second person, for sure you didn't love the first person that much. You should pick the second, because it means he/she is whom you really love.
Maybe we do not have the same view about this. If it happens that a person will love two person, maybe it does not mean that the second person is the one he loves. There are situations that a person is only attracted to the second person, but the truth is that he would always choose his first one because he loves her more than the second one. We do understand that humans are weak and easily seduced. It is my own opinion and I respect all of you guys.

rose banks

Torn between two lovers.....this is the situation now. It's really hard to choose between the two especially if we think we love them both. As per experience I wisely choose the one where I can be more secured.

marlinealcott

I totally think you can love two people at the same time. I love many people. I have felt romantic love for more than one person at the same time as well. But in most cases, you need to make a choice because it won't work out and will only hurt both people if you're not careful.

Jessi

I definitely think it's possible. I don't necessarily think that he may love them the same way. He may love entirely different things about them. The intensities may not be the same, but on similar levels in different areas.

As for what to do about it, I really have no idea. I guess figure out what's most important to that person and then make choices.

pafjlh

I think this does happen that you can be in love with more then one person at one time. Maybe it comes down to the fact that with each of these people you have certain aspects of yourself coming through. You may feel as if they both understand you on different levels. I don't think though that its possible to love them the same way, I think the love can be different and maybe on a different level.