Love, Sex and Lasting Relationships - The Hollywood Formula

Danielki

Coaching Member
I thought I'd share something I read in a book about the way the world encourages us to form relationships. It's called the Hollywood Formula because it's an idea that's promoted most frequently through film and the media.

Read the 4 steps and think about the relationships you've formed with people and see if you've fallen prey to this way of thinking and doing things. If I look at all of my relationships there have been some elements to what I'm about to share with you.

STEP 1: FIND THE RIGHT PERSON

Eventually you're going to meet the "right one" when you least expect it. Right round the corner you will find someone much better than anyone you’ve ever know.

STEP 2: FALL IN LOVE

When you find the “right one” something will snap and you’ll just know. Love is based on chemistry, not knowledge or character. The amazing much sort after experience of falling in love is equated with overwhelming feelings that discount reason, background, shared interests or compatibility.

STEP 3: FIX YOUR HOPES AND DREAMS ON THIS PERSON FOR YOUR FUTURE FULFILLMENT

Infatuation is equated with love. This period of intense infatuation can last anywhere between 6 weeks to 18 months and when the feelings start to subside (as they always do), we’ve been brainwashed to conclude our love is dying. Our partner turns out to have a flaw or two. They can’t quite live up to our imagination. Relational conflict begins to raise its ugly head. Dissatisfaction erodes those once euphoric feelings. Disillusioned and discouraged we begin to change our focus. As emotions wane and irritations arise we start to blame our problems on the other person’s inability to measure up.

STEP 4: IF FAILURE OCCURS REPEAT STEPS 1, 2 AND 3.

Best_Catcher2016

Whenever you spend some time teasing or flirting, acting romantic through small gestures of appreciation and concentrating on the little things that make your partner happy, the spark you’ve been missing from your love life can show back up instantly!

You can visit our website for more information about relationship and SELF-HELP http://www.bestcatcher.com
Watch Video on how to boost your relationship

Dustin Carabello

Advisor Member
Fun video. I feel like so many people are one sided with relationships. It's either entirely sexual or entirely emotional. I feel you can't have one without the other. And a perfect balance makes both parties truly happy.

brokenblade

Coaching Member
Kind of a bleak outlook on love don't you think? I'd hope the idea would be to find somebody you can love as a whole and still have passion for after many years.
Or the Hollywood idea of love. A lot of people seem to think love is all of these overwhelming emotions. Love is so much different than that.

Dustin Carabello

Advisor Member
Love is, in my opinion, the most powerful emotion. It is only out of a true love for one thing that we can experience hate. Love changes our point of view, changes our mood, alters our course in life. Lust seems to be much more the emotion, or lack there of, that is experienced here. For example, your love for your mother isn't a love that fades over months and you decide to move on from. You don't actively seek a new mother, father or sibling because you become bored. Your love for them is unconditional and it's not something that will ever fade. People find love that lasts just as long and is just as strong with their partners. To not wish to be monogamous is natural for many people. Others enjoy polygamy and it's more natural to them. But a true love will not fade. Even a polygamous couple will tell you that their love grows stronger and solidifies with time.

AniaD

How about arranged marriages, are they doomed to be unhappy if we did not find the person ourselves but the parents did it for us ?

Seno

Advisor Member
Hi!
As my mentor taught me:

I think Hollywood Formula is mainly about LOVE and PASSION, not only LOVE!!

There can not be ONLY LOVE, because these are sweet couples who never fight against...
Why? Because they
LOWER their STANDARS for the BEST RELATIONSHIP they could IMAGINE when they met each other first time.

We should add PASSION to it. But How? Simply - ADD EMOTION to relationship and do it through 6 needs everybody on this planet has! And make them 10 on the scale from 0 to 10.

Bests!