Listen To Music At Night

KingManta

Everyone has problems and little things throughout the day will always get on our nerves.
What I find helps out is if you just plug in the earphones while lying in bed at night and just listen to your favourite songs.
It seems simple, but lying in your own bed in the dark gives you freedom. You are free to mouth the lyrics without anyone seeing you, or play air guitar without worrying about people watching.
Listening to music while lying in bed at night helps me forget my problems and calms me down.

MoreSuccess

Senior Advisor
Staff member
I used to do this quite awhile ago, I should try it again in bed in the dark. I do however listen to my headphones quite a lot just kicked back in a chair. After I bought some better headphones a few months ago it made it more enjoyable as well. I have family members in the house so even though I have some decent speakers, I can't play it as loud as I like so is another reason I like headphones.

KingManta

Yeah that's true, it doesn't necessarily have to be in bed at night. That's just what I personally do.
It's really just about having some time by yourself in a calm place, to let your music wash away your troubles.
And I do find that headphones work way better than speakers, as they seal in the music and really put you in your own world. As the quote goes, "Headphones on, world off."

zararina

Coaching Member
I also listen to music at night specially if i need to relax. I usually listen to soothing music and mellow rock songs. It could also help me sometimes to feel sleepy. Music has the ability to make me feel better too.

radascars

Advisor Member
Instrumental music does the trick for me, but sometimes a good TV program like johnpowell says will get you dreaming about the program and gets mixed with other things within your environment, it creates a whole mess most of the time.

KingManta

@zararina Yep, music always makes me feel sleepy. I've fell asleep with my earphones in countless times.

@radascars I love instrumental music made by Hans Zimmer. If you haven't heard his song 'Time' from the movie 'Inception,' go give it a listen. It's fantastic. I also like to watch TV before bed, something about the bright screen makes me feel sleepy.

radascars

Advisor Member
@zararina Yep, music always makes me feel sleepy. I've fell asleep with my earphones in countless times.

@radascars I love instrumental music made by Hans Zimmer. If you haven't heard his song 'Time' from the movie 'Inception,' go give it a listen. It's fantastic. I also like to watch TV before bed, something about the bright screen makes me feel sleepy.
I love Hanz Zimmer music! Time, this song reminds me of life. The sad intro is all about how we make mistakes. (war, greed, murder.) but the climax is about how anyone can change, people make mistakes. Were humans, its our nature. We must make the best of life and the people in it.

Cecil Estrera

I sometimes do this to help me sleep fast whenever I can't seem to do so.
I can say it is indeed effective in helping me sleep and it soothes my mind thoroughly.
Listening to music is my hobby too. I love listening to almost all kinds of it.

krimsonklein

I prefer not to listen to music at night because the buds always get in my way. I sleep sideways and so it would be extremely irritating as well as dangerous (strangling hazard). Nonetheless, listening to your favorite music quietly on your own is extremely helpful therapy.

MiszMariee

After a long hard day at work, I love to come home to a nice bubble bath with Epsom salts and instrumental music to soothe my soul. It makes me feel at home and gets me ready for a nice restful sleep. Listening to soft music while dozing off is just mandatory for me. It contributes to the type of dreams I have and the mood I will have when I do wake up the next morning. Going to sleep while listening to soothing music does help with solving problems and letting go of unnecessary grudges you may be holding from the day before so I definitely recommend that everyone try it at least once.

speedy

Advisor Member
I love to play music at night before I will go to sleep. It is either a song by Don Moen, Ron Kenolly and Lea Salonga. I am picky in terms of songs and I don't want rock music because it really gives me a head ache and a chest pain. Yes, I agree that good music helps us to relax and forget the problems of the day.

clauemi

I have a small radio next to my bed that I fall asleep too ever night and also my fan. I am just used to having those things with me like any other like pillows and blankets.

KingManta

I love Hanz Zimmer music! Time, this song reminds me of life. The sad intro is all about how we make mistakes. (war, greed, murder.) but the climax is about how anyone can change, people make mistakes. Were humans, its our nature. We must make the best of life and the people in it.
Yes I absolutely love Time!
It starts out so soft and quiet but smoothly builds up to the climax.
It's amazing how it makes me feel so many emotions while not using any words at all.

Rhygez

Sometimes I listen to music at night, depends how my day was..
I just can listen to it and imagine everything I want lying in my bed, most of times makes me forget my problems, but we can't run from it anyways.

beingwell

That's cool! I say do that thing or practice that makes you feel relaxed and more at peace with yourself. I don't have this habit, but I believe that music is a good way to calm your nerves, especially on a tensed day.

KingManta

Sometimes I listen to music at night, depends how my day was..
I just can listen to it and imagine everything I want lying in my bed, most of times makes me forget my problems, but we can't run from it anyways.
Yes I agree with what you're saying.
The point is not to run from your problems, but to give you a small refuge from the tense problems of life.
Listening to music in bed at night just helps the tensions slip away and relax you.

iebo

I listen to music all day long, including at night. But not when I'm lying in bed. Bed is for sleep and sex and nothing else.

KingManta

I listen to music all day long, including at night. But not when I'm lying in bed. Bed is for sleep and sex and nothing else.
Hahaha, well I also like to listen to music throughout the day.
I disagree though, some of my best thinking and relaxation comes by listening to music in bed at night.
Give it a try.

canadien

I don't listen to music all that often, but it does help me to relax. At night, instead of listening to music on my iPod, I listen to sports talk on my radio. I kind of zone in and out but that's not the main reason I listen to it. The radio helps me to calm down and unwind after a day of work. It's nice to just fall asleep listening to the radio with the sleep timer on. Plus, you learn some new things as well.

AmazingP

Advisor Member
I love listening to soft or mellow type of music on the evening especially before going to bed and even while already sleeping. This is one way to relax and have a restful evening ahead. if ever I got tired with my music collection, I just turned on the radio and tuned to my favorite FM station which is beaming relaxing music all over the land.