Leadership: Define it in 3 Words or Less

MoreSuccess

Senior Advisor
Staff member
True, I agree, service would be a good way to build trust. I think to a great extent trustworthiness is about what not to do. Don't lie, don't gossip about people's secrets, and don't let people down by not following through. I don't think anyone wants to follow someone they can't trust, and trust is perhaps one of the hardest things to get back once lost.

Phil Moufarrege

Advisor Member
I'm gonna be the smart-ass and say that a leader asks why he must summarize something in 3 words? :)
A leader to me is someone who is a shining light. Lives by example and INSPIRES others to follow and become leaders themselves.

Marty Labrado

Coaching Member
I'm gonna be the smart-ass and say that a leader asks why he must summarize something in 3 words? :)
A leader to me is someone who is a shining light. Lives by example and INSPIRES others to follow and become leaders themselves.
So your three words are:

1. Illumination (or empowerment)
  2. Inspiration
  3. Example

Marty Labrado

Coaching Member
Leadership is the ability to stand where others won't, see what others can't, and hold strong until it was never remembered as not being possible.... That was three words, right...... OK, maybe that visionary
I know, Derrick. It's hard to put such a complex idea into a few words. I like your definition, though.