Know When To Quit

Erica Faith

Coaching Member
Part of the happiness of life consists not in fighting battles, but in avoiding them. A masterly retreat is in itself a victory.
- Norman Vincent Peale

Has quitting something in your life help you define a better road for your success?

Mrnace

quitting hasn't.

But choosing my battles and changing my path has.

If you take on the wrong challenge or walk the wrong path things could go horrible. Its learning from mistakes or knowing your capabilities.

A while ago I quit on the idea of finding a job.

This made me look for ways to make a living that would not require a fixed workday, nor a fixed paycheck necessarily.

Now I am an entrepreneur, starting an online business (you can see the link in my signature), and also an investor in the stock market and soon in real state.

tomasoberg

The Dip by Seth Godin is a really good book in this subject about qutting and why you should quit often and fast.

A fast introduction on the book"

"The old saying is wrong—winners do quit, and quitters do win.

Every new project (or job, or hobby, or company) starts out exciting and fun. Then it gets harder and less fun, until it hits a low point—really hard, and not much fun at all.

And then you find yourself asking if the goal is even worth the hassle. Maybe you’re in a Dip—a temporary setback that will get better if you keep pushing. But maybe it’s really a Cul-de-Sac, which will never get better, no matter how hard you try.

Winners quit fast, quit often, and quit without guilt—until they commit to beating the right Dip for the right reasons. In fact, winners seek out the Dip. They realize that the bigger the barrier, the bigger the reward for getting past it. If you can become number one in your niche, you’ll get more than your fair share of profits, glory, and long-term security.

Losers, on the other hand, fall into two basic traps. Either they fail to stick out the Dip—they get to the moment of truth and then give up—or they never even find the right Dip to conquer.

The book will help you figure out if you’re in a Dip that’s worthy of your time, effort, and talents. If you are, The Dip will inspire you to hang tough. If not, it will help you find the courage to quit—so you can be number one at something else.

Erica Faith

Coaching Member
Hello, everyone!

I sincerely thank you guys for having replied to this post. You guys never fail to inspire and enlighten me.

The Dip by Seth Godin is a really good book in this subject about qutting and why you should quit often and fast.

A fast introduction on the book"

"The old saying is wrong—winners do quit, and quitters do win.
Thanks, tomasberg. It's not glorious buy yeah, we just have to know when to bail or just abandon ship. There's really not much grace about it but at least we get the chance to gather our wits and fight another day.

Great book suggestion. I promise to read it sometime when I finish with what I have right now.

A while ago I quit on the idea of finding a job.

This made me look for ways to make a living that would not require a fixed workday, nor a fixed paycheck necessarily.

Now I am an entrepreneur, starting an online business (you can see the link in my signature), and also an investor in the stock market and soon in real state.
It takes a lot of courage to take that leap but I'm pretty sure things are working out for you, Javi92.

Quitting things that hinder you will automatically put you on the path to success.
Great one, Todd. I'll quote you on that one.

quitting hasn't.

But choosing my battles and changing my path has.

If you take on the wrong challenge or walk the wrong path things could go horrible. Its learning from mistakes or knowing your capabilities.
Thanks, Mrnace. I can only admire your 'never say die' attitude. I guess we all have different paths to reach our goals.