Isn´t It Useless To Read All These Books When You Don´t Remember What You´ve Learn?

DayProv

Advisor Member
First step for making your life better is to learn new skills and information. But I think, the same importance should we pay to actually remember pieces of information we just learned.
There is one concept which is called: Active recall.

Basically it says, the best way to learn to exam, or just for yourself to remember what that great book you just read was about, is to simply review it by acting as you would lecture a class of students.

So after you learned something new, try to explain it to a "class of students".
When you do it, then you truly understand the concept and you will never forget it.

What do you think about this concept?

denydritz

Coaching Member
There are multiple angles I use to see this issue.

One, you can speed read, and absorb as much information as possible. Speed reading correctly allows us to understand the most important information in the book. Let's admit that not all information in the book is important or relevant to help us grow and become successful. Many entrepreneurs attest to the power of speed reading.

Two, what I do is slow read. Instead of trying to absorb much information, apply what we read. I believe that by applying what we read as soon as we read it (speed of implementation), we can equally grow and become as successful as people who speed read.

I agree that active recall and sharing what we learn is a good way of remembering information. But putting it into action and applying what we learn is also a good method.

DayProv

Advisor Member
There are multiple angles I use to see this issue.

One, you can speed read, and absorb as much information as possible. Speed reading correctly allows us to understand the most important information in the book. Let's admit that not all information in the book is important or relevant to help us grow and become successful. Many entrepreneurs attest to the power of speed reading.

Two, what I do is slow read. Instead of trying to absorb much information, apply what we read. I believe that by applying what we read as soon as we read it (speed of implementation), we can equally grow and become as successful as people who speed read.

I agree that active recall and sharing what we learn is a good way of remembering information. But putting it into action and applying what we learn is also a good method.
Yes, I absolutely agree with you. I believe that best way is to use active recall and then, after you understadn this concept you should put into action and apply what you´ve learn. Then it´s almost impossible to forget it.