Is The Law Of Attraction/Spirituality Untrue?

Dreek Lass

Since discovering the Law of Attraction and discovering that we live in a vibrational reality where like attracts like, I have had my doubts as to whether to believe that such is true. But then certain things will happen to where the serendipity is just undeniable.

I was told today that my beliefs are untrue, and even though I have had experiences that attest to the fact that the principles of spirituality and the law of attraction do hold some water, you can't help but second guess it sometimes. But I am aware that if a person doesn't want to believe something, they won't. And no amount of convincing them or explaining will help.

I suppose that aspect is pretty frustrating and annoying, and those emotions are not good for anyone's vibration.

Would you kindly share your undeniable spiritual experiences, or perfect manifestations?

Jerry

I had to look up what Law of Attraction meant. But when I looked it up, I found out that I already believed in the principle, I just called it something different. I called it shaping your reality, and it actually what the first article I wrote on my website is about.

So anyways, I think people started taking it to the extreme and making it unbelievable once they start adding all the stuff about vibrations and what not.

I've found out that the law of attraction plays out most in social situations. This is because your beliefs are polarizing. In other words, your perception of reality helps shapes other's realities. Its when your thoughts are so strong, that instead of having your views influenced by society - society's views are influenced by yours.

Ehh, I know I'm not articulating my thoughts very well so I'm going to use an illustration. Most people's perception of reality is shaky. This is most evident in people's view of themselves. People start to think of themselves the way that they are labeled by society. The perception of other's starts to shape your perception of yourself. An obvious example is when someone is called ugly their entire life becomes insecure because they think that they're ugly.

Something more subtle though is we grow up our entire lives with the media showing us a variety of people who are labeled successful. We see that these people have a certain background (maybe most successful people are born into wealthy families). So we see this and since we are not from that same background, we perceive ourselves as unsuccessful. Our subconscious mind then manifests this in our actions and develop habits of an unsuccessful person.

Catching my drift with me so far? Stay with me.

So basically, our dominating thoughts influence not only the thoughts of other's, but also our own actions. If our dominating thoughts are positive ones, your subconscious mind will start seeing more opportunities. Its not like there are vibrations that are just creating success and putting money in your wallet, but because your dominating thoughts are negative, you can see opportunities to make your dominating thoughts a reality.

For example, if someone's dominating thoughts are positive, they may lose their job and then see the loss of a job as an opportunity to start their own business. The business then takes off and the person becomes really successful. So you can say that some vibrations made it happen or you can say that because of that person's mindset, they saw an opportunity where most wouldn't be able to.

On the contrary, if that person's dominating thoughts were negative, they would see the loss of the job as a loss of income and start to become bitter about it.

Well.....I don't have a clue if what I said was articulate, but I'm just going to hope that you understood what I was saying. My dominating thoughts are that you will lol!

Oh and here's the article I mentioned - it might be a bit easier to understand than than the rambling I just did!

http://manhooddevelopment.com/self-awareness-101-shaping-your-reality

Will Edwards

I think that it is undoubtedly true that what life returns to us is heavily influenced by what we put out. Perhaps it is true that people have used different terms to describe the law of attraction, but I don't think there is anything unspiritual about it.

Will :)

The Law of Attraction is a universal law and it's just like the law of gravity. It is true and it always works. Lots of people don't understand how it works and how to use it that's why they dont get what they want and they blame on it.

Cole Erispe-O'Connor

Advisor Member
The Law of Attraction is both fascinating yet can also be severely misunderstood. Especially if those claiming it's false is basing it of 'The Secret' alone. The Secret is a wonderful film and books (I have them all lol) however it is the bare basics into it! I'm an avid gamer, I LOOOOVE video games it's a weakness I know...however I experimented with the Law of Attraction personally on grabbing myself a brand new Playstation 4. The first thing a lot of people who dismiss The LOA is their subconscious limiting beliefs...and I know how frustrating it can be trying to get your message across to people especially if they need it! The Master Key to letting those people know it works is...*drum rolls* Action. As long as you're convinced and you're taking the massive action inspired by it...eventually they will come through. And if not, then you will attract people (like us) to discuss how powerful it is!

Anyway onto my story, If you have any history with the recent release of the playstation 4 you would know that upon release it was impossible to get the console close to the release date, if you didn't pre order it around 6 months in advance. From memory i think the release date was mid November...and I had only ordered it 2 months prior :(. However I would research it everyday, visualise and get emotionally involved in feeling like I already had it. I went to the store and they said look...you're second release and we can only get you a console either just before Christmas or after. I shrugged but kept visualising that I had it in my grasp. They told me that on a friday I would have to wait. The following Monday they called me and advised that they (the game store) had 1 left over PS4 and if i wanted it...it was mine. You're damn right I took it!

Only a little sample of how it can work for you. It doesn't always have to be a million dollar attraction. But if you take the right steps it will come to you.

I hope this solidifies your belief...keep it up and it will come to you.

All the best,

Cole

convert411

The Law of Attraction is both fascinating yet can also be severely misunderstood. Especially if those claiming it's false is basing it of 'The Secret' alone. The Secret is a wonderful film and books (I have them all lol) however it is the bare basics into it! I'm an avid gamer, I LOOOOVE video games it's a weakness I know...however I experimented with the Law of Attraction personally on grabbing myself a brand new Playstation 4. The first thing a lot of people who dismiss The LOA is their subconscious limiting beliefs...and I know how frustrating it can be trying to get your message across to people especially if they need it! The Master Key to letting those people know it works is...*drum rolls* Action. As long as you're convinced and you're taking the massive action inspired by it...eventually they will come through. And if not, then you will attract people (like us) to discuss how powerful it is!

Cole

I think Cole hit it on the head here. There will be a lot of people that will tell you your beliefs aren't true, but opinions are the cheapest things in the world. Everyone has them and wants to give you theirs all the time. Action is the true test. So instead of trying to convince someone, inspire them by what you create.

Being grateful is also a major part of using the Law of Attraction. When you are grateful you focus on the best parts of everything around you and of course whatever you focus on, you bring more of into your life.

As for one of my manifestations, it came in the form of a new job. I was in San Francisco at a job where I loved my boss and all my coworkers but I couldn't stand the actual work I was doing; customer service and technical support. I didn't want to climb the corporate ladder and spend the next 10 years of my life working up to Vice President of blah blah blah (that was actually a limiting belief in itself) but I just wanted to do something completely new. I started visualizing myself being in the mountains, being able to mountain bike and ski everyday while I was able to work on a big project that I loved. I did this during my day while I was at my job and about a month and a half later I got a call from an old friend who was actually my freshman college roommate. He said he had an opportunity for me that I might be interested in. It was to come help him with finances at his new tech start-up in Park City, UT. I was currently working in the financial industry in San Francisco so I wasn't sure if I wanted to continue working in the financial realm but I figured I would give it a shot, it was in Park City which has some of the best mountain biking trails and ski resorts in the country :). For my "interview" he asked me to create a business plan for the company since he was working with some investors but didn't have anything formally written down. I said I would have it to him within a week even though I had never written a business plan in my life. It was Friday night so locked myself in my room and went to work and by Sunday night I had a rough draft. I sent it over and my friend was so impressed that he asked if I wanted to take on a bigger role in the company, Chief Operating Officer. ABSOLUTELY!!! That was the position I wanted to eventually reach at my current job but I just put it out of my mind saying that it would be too difficult (another limiting belief) and now here was the opportunity to get in on the ground floor in the position I wanted, doubling my current salary, getting equity and living in a place where I could be outdoors everyday, right now instead of years down the road. I gave my notice that next week and moved out to Park City a couple months later.

This is just one of my stories but my big goal right now is to inspire my brother-in-law. We have talked about the Law of Attraction and he says he doesn't really believe in it but he told me if I make $1,000,000 by the end of 2014 he will start taking me seriously and quit his job that he hates to focus on what he loves, art. There are caveats about this, like even if I do make a million dollars in less than a year, people that don't truly believe in the Law of Attraction will just think it is coincidence and might become jealous instead of being inspired but I find it is a goal that scares me and inspires me at the same time so I am focusing my attention on this goal and am grateful for everything and everyone I bring into my life that helps me achieve this goal.

To everyones happiness and health!

Charles Franklin

Advisor Member
I believe that that Law of Attraction has some merit, but it does not explain everything. The universe is too complicated for it to work as simple as books like "The Secret" assume it is (even though I enjoyed reading it). I believe in the power of thought to get you in the right mindset that will attract what you want. For example, if I focus on my needs for money, that can help move to figure out way to make money. Most proponents of the Law of Attraction would caution me to only focus on the positive side (imagining myself as prosperous and avoiding thinking about the negative).

I would agree with the Law of Attraction, but would point out two things:
1. Thinking about the negative consequences of something can move you to action too. I can stay positive with abstract thoughts about money all day, but my concerns about a specific thought (an upcoming bill) will make move faster.
2. Thinking doesn't always lead to action and action doesn't always lead to the result. There are plenty of reasons and circumstances that control why we do what we do, even if we think positively or "in attraction" to something. I can think about marrying Beyonce all day, but it won't help reach that goal!

Stephen Wilkes

There are a whole number of things here, the Law of Attraction is one of a number of Laws, laws of vibration, for example the Law of Compensation, or the Law of Non Resistance, all play a part. It seems to me as well that energetically the law responds to paradigms ( habits, beliefs, behaviours) rooted in our unconscious minds, therefore to operate more consistently in the sense of manifest the life you choose is a journey of healing and self/spiritual development. We have written about these laws in terms of entrepreneurship and business on our blog, feel free to take a look: http://jennyandsteveonline.com/perosnal-development-business/

Phil Moufarrege

Advisor Member
I have achieved every single dream job I set out to do. I found my dream wife, quit the 9-5 job and now work for myself, living in my dream country: Japan. I planned all of it.
The book "the secret" offered me a great mindset shift on life.

I have come to find that the new age approach of the "law of attraction" turns off a lot of people. I have found a way of explaining the process that I think is much more practical and that is this:

our emotions become our thoughts. our thoughts affect our actions.

So if you want better actions, you need to get better thoughts. If you want better thoughts you need to get better emotions.

• The way to do that is the following:
  • Eat better - more fruits, vegetables, nuts/seeds/grains, beans/legumes
  • Stay hydrated - drink more water
  • Stay well rested - sleep more
  • Exercise often
  • Have a passion and contribute to it daily
  • Surround yourself with positive people and develop an inspiring social circle
  • Get plenty of sunshine
These things have a great affect on your emotional state. Don't believe me? How quickly does your mood plummet when you are hungry, thirsty, stuck in a car on a hot summers day with no AC, sleep deprived? You suddenly have to rely strongly on willpower to stay positive!

Get yourself into a positively charged emotional state and you will find it is so much easier to be positive and happy. THEN you can start building up certainty and confidence into your actions.

The power of meditation and self affirmation works wonders also. I believe whatever you think a lot about will colour your actions.

I hope you found something that resonates with you in this post!

namktqs

Coaching Member
With myself, law of attraction is worked. But have something we need attention:
We want something, we set a goal on it, we persist do things forward it, believe in ourselves and in it will happen, time will show things support our make it happen. We must persist and it depend where we start, how about our knowledge. But when we supported enough, we will deserve get it.

Phil Moufarrege

Advisor Member
I have noticed a phenomenon that has become my philosophy. I always feel like if I do 50% then the other 50% will be taken care of for me. And it always is. Anyone else experienced this type of confidence?

Kareem

Advisor Member
I believe the spirituality of the law of attraction is simply cultivating a dominate belief system to design your life the way you intended it. This can range from doing anything that inspires you to creating a simple ritual for your self. That has been my personal experience at least.

blue7

The Law of attraction is thinking and creating which when we use this law, the universe reacts to it, we have been provided with every thing we need
why because we are a species that was given certain abilities to create, there is a power bigger than ourselves, but also we are a part of that power. A book read free
Manifestation. http://lmbiz.com/lisas-bonus Hope you like it.

I think it can be pretty difficult to determine whether or not a challenge came because of negative thinking or because of another reason (i.e. learning something that would come in handy later, growing in needed ways or become a wiser person who can understand or help others because of their trials). At some point, we all think negatively, even if we take the time to counter the thoughts we're aware of with positive alternatives.

I believe in the law of attraction, but not to the extent that I would depend on it alone to change my life or manifest a goal (tried and failed). I have high hopes for utilizing subtle energetic work with real action to make a difference, but I can't claim through experience, yet, that miracles can be made 100% of the time through a certain formula- I don't know that anyone can, possibly because we all interpret things differently in the first place..following instructions would be difficult.

PennySafe

I have been a student of LOA for the past several months. I do believe---I have had experiences that 'just' worked out perfectly, but I haven't manifested anything that seems to be a direct result of my deliberate intent. I have learned a lot and one thing about LOA is that if you doubt its existence and effect, you will just be given more evidence to support your belief that it doesn't work or it's not true. I can see how people can watch the Secret and then dismiss LOA. It's more than just asking and receiving--you have to believe and let go, keeping your focus on the desire and away from the lack in your life.

namktqs

Coaching Member
Everything in your life will change if have little things change in your life. People have power to choose something that people want to or love, choose them much as people can will lead their day, week, month, year and life change with things they love.

J E Roberson

Senior Advisor
This is a belief universe supported by infinite intelligence, no matter what you believe you will receive circumstance to support it. Isn't that amazing!!! Love you all

Since discovering the Law of Attraction and discovering that we live in a vibrational reality where like attracts like, I have had my doubts as to whether to believe that such is true. But then certain things will happen to where the serendipity is just undeniable.

I was told today that my beliefs are untrue, and even though I have had experiences that attest to the fact that the principles of spirituality and the law of attraction do hold some water, you can't help but second guess it sometimes. But I am aware that if a person doesn't want to believe something, they won't. And no amount of convincing them or explaining will help.

I suppose that aspect is pretty frustrating and annoying, and those emotions are not good for anyone's vibration.

Would you kindly share your undeniable spiritual experiences, or perfect manifestations?
I can recommend that you watch the youtube video of Jack Canfield, I think it's called Jack Canfield explains activating The Law Of Attraction.
I experienced a similar situation and that video was a big help.

Todd Hicks

Senior Advisor
I had to look up what Law of Attraction meant. But when I looked it up, I found out that I already believed in the principle, I just called it something different. I called it shaping your reality, and it actually what the first article I wrote on my website is about.

So anyways, I think people started taking it to the extreme and making it unbelievable once they start adding all the stuff about vibrations and what not.

I've found out that the law of attraction plays out most in social situations. This is because your beliefs are polarizing. In other words, your perception of reality helps shapes other's realities. Its when your thoughts are so strong, that instead of having your views influenced by society - society's views are influenced by yours.

Ehh, I know I'm not articulating my thoughts very well so I'm going to use an illustration. Most people's perception of reality is shaky. This is most evident in people's view of themselves. People start to think of themselves the way that they are labeled by society. The perception of other's starts to shape your perception of yourself. An obvious example is when someone is called ugly their entire life becomes insecure because they think that they're ugly.

Something more subtle though is we grow up our entire lives with the media showing us a variety of people who are labeled successful. We see that these people have a certain background (maybe most successful people are born into wealthy families). So we see this and since we are not from that same background, we perceive ourselves as unsuccessful. Our subconscious mind then manifests this in our actions and develop habits of an unsuccessful person.

Catching my drift with me so far? Stay with me.

So basically, our dominating thoughts influence not only the thoughts of other's, but also our own actions. If our dominating thoughts are positive ones, your subconscious mind will start seeing more opportunities. Its not like there are vibrations that are just creating success and putting money in your wallet, but because your dominating thoughts are negative, you can see opportunities to make your dominating thoughts a reality.

For example, if someone's dominating thoughts are positive, they may lose their job and then see the loss of a job as an opportunity to start their own business. The business then takes off and the person becomes really successful. So you can say that some vibrations made it happen or you can say that because of that person's mindset, they saw an opportunity where most wouldn't be able to.

On the contrary, if that person's dominating thoughts were negative, they would see the loss of the job as a loss of income and start to become bitter about it.

Well.....I don't have a clue if what I said was articulate, but I'm just going to hope that you understood what I was saying. My dominating thoughts are that you will lol!

Oh and here's the article I mentioned - it might be a bit easier to understand than than the rambling I just did!

http://manhooddevelopment.com/self-awareness-101-shaping-your-reality
We shouldn't let others' opinions of us shape ourselves, especially if they are negative. If someone thinks I'll never amount to anything, I'll go on believing in myself while not concerning myself with what that person thinks of me or my potential to succeed.