Is cheating really part of a relationship?

I never understood why people cheat, let alone how they can do it. So, it really struck me when I read in a love tour testimonials that “couples really encounter cheating at least once in their entire relationship.” Does it really work that way? Is it really a part of the so-called love journey? Because I simply don’t get it at all. So do you just expect your significant other to cheat on you eventually because relationships really experience infidelity at least once? Someone clarify this for me.

MoreSuccess

Administrator
Staff member
From personal experience, this is sadly true too often. It's usually one-sided, e.g. one is being faithful and the other is not. I don't think it would be as bad if both wanted to cheat but stay married, and just call it an open marriage or such. I don't get it either. I would hope nobody just expects it to happen, rather communicates with their partner that it would be a marriage ending event, if that's how they feel. If it then happens, there are some tough decisions to be made.

When you put it that way, being in an open marriage or open relationship makes it acceptable since both partners consent to the other's actions. Thanks your confirming this. I can't believe how some people can simply expect cheating to happen. I agree with you that communication is important to avoid something like this from happening. If it does, it's wiser to walk away even if the decision is hard to make.

No. That is insane. I would never cheat on a girlfriend. I would leave her if I wanted to leave. I know there are some people who cheat and I wouldn't date one. I don't even like hanging out with people who cheat because if they would betray the person who they claim to love then what kind of friend would they be? A fake one. Unfortunately, I think cheating has become mainstream and people with good morals are becoming harder and harder to find in this world. It makes it easier to keep your circle small. Just be quick to cut people off who have these kinds of qualities that make them worthless as friends.

Visitor

Advisor Member
I never understood why people cheat, let alone how they can do it. So, it really struck me when I read in a love tour testimonials that “couples really encounter cheating at least once in their entire relationship.” Does it really work that way? Is it really a part of the so-called love journey? Because I simply don’t get it at all. So do you just expect your significant other to cheat on you eventually because relationships really experience infidelity at least once? Someone clarify this for me.
If you now you are true and cannot understand what is untrue, it is best not to seek understanding of what is un