Is a big wedding important to you?

bneil

I always wanted to have a big wedding ceremony because I want to make my special day very important and worth reminiscing. A simple wedding can do, but as long as I can support a big wedding, I will always choose to make it happen. Money is not an issue, as I want to give only the best for my partner. It is a great reward for the couple to have a very sophisticated wedding :)
Yes, if you could manage to fund a big wedding then it is very rewarding and worth remembering when you grew old and remember of your big big wedding. Of how much you made you and your partner happy on that day.

Ryan Doug

Yes, if you could manage to fund a big wedding then it is very rewarding and worth remembering when you grew old and remember of your big big wedding. Of how much you made you and your partner happy on that day.

I am looking forward to that big day of my life. It is true that having a big wedding is very rewarding. It is a moment wherein it will surely draw a smile on face, the moment remembering it. I would always go for a big wedding when I have that big money. Of course I need to work hard so that I can come up with that big money for that very special day of my life. Lol!

Gerlie Reyes

Well when my ex husband and I got married all we did was go to the court house and sign, no family, no wedding dress, not even a ring. Not because I did not want to or because we did not have the money for at least a simple ceremony but because he did not think it was important. It made me feel like he did not love me as much as I did him.

I think a ceremony is a nice memory and symbol of the promises and commitments made on that special day and so for my next marriage I will definitely be wanting a big ceremony celebrating our love.

What do you guys think? What would you be happy with?
What is important in planning a wedding is that both parties are happy with it. marriage is all about compromise and compromise comes from discussion and trust.

rose banks

For a man it's important to give their partners the best that they could. But from a woman's point of view, a big wedding is our dream but if we cannot afford it then a simple wedding will do.

Jessi

No, it is not important to me. I don't think marriage in general is important to me, but if I do get married, I would want something small and simple. I don't want a huge debt over a single day.

marlinealcott

When I think of a big wedding, it isn't really the money that stops me. It's more a logistical thing. My boyfriend and I, and his family, are all on the East Coast. Everyone on my side is back on the West Coast. This presents a pretty big problem, because I don't know if anyone in my family is able or willing to fly here, even for something like a wedding. I don't know if anyone in his family would be capable of going back to where I'm from either.

So...as you can see, that presents a big problem. The idea of me getting married and having no one I care about bother to come hurts me so much that I've had nightmares about it before. It's actually made me not want to bother getting married because I can see the potential for heartbreak to be so strong.

So, if we ever get married, I think perhaps we will just run away and do it alone. It would be easier than a potentially difficult and stressful situation of asking people to come who might say no.

(note--this issue goes deeper than just a potential wedding in the future, I have a lot of bad feelings in general about the fact that no one from my family has ever flown out to see me in my new home in all the years I've lived here despite multiple invitations)

Jessi

(note--this issue goes deeper than just a potential wedding in the future, I have a lot of bad feelings in general about the fact that no one from my family has ever flown out to see me in my new home in all the years I've lived here despite multiple invitations)
Do you fly out there to see them? If they all live over there, then it might just make more sense for you to visit there. Financially, it may be more difficult to them to come see you, especially if it's each individual nuclear family that would have to travel to you. Have you ever asked them about it?

pafjlh

I wouldn't need a huge wedding if I found the right person. In fact, I am a simple person so odds are I wouldn't want anything to big and splashy. I find that when you are getting married, its not the wedding the counts its the marriage. If you truly love someone, and want to spend the rest of your life with them, it won't matter how you marry them. You wouldn't care if things didn't go according to plan (hate the whole Bridezilla's wanting everything to be just right) all you would care about is that you are marrying the person you love. To me that is what marriage is all about, it doesn't matter what the wedding is like, its the marriage that is the most important thing.

bneil

If we have the money then a huge wedding would really be romantic. It would be worth reminiscing when you couples grow old together, still it is not required to make it a big wedding.