in a funk

iebo

I've been feeling kind of down lately. Maybe its the heat, maybe its too much working, maybe its the monotony of my existence. Whatever it is I can't seem to shake this funk I've been in for a while. I'm trying to take some time off and play some games, but I'm not really enjoying them. I'm having small successes but not feeling like celebrating them.
I could use some advice on how to get my spirits up again.

MoreSuccess

Senior Advisor
Staff member
Sorry to hear that. I went through that a couple weeks ago to some extent, also bored with the games I have. If its boredom, here is a good article on our website. If you're not getting much sunlight you might want to take Vitamin D, I hear a deficiency in that can have a lot of negative symptoms including depression. Perhaps find a good new book to read. While I read a lot of non-fiction I started reading some fiction that really hooked me in and was nice to have something different to do. Music can cheer me up too, lately I've been using Slacker for streaming music.

zararina

Coaching Member
I guess you should try unwinding. Go out and have a life.
Maybe that will help you release your stress.
Yes try to go out for a vacation alone or with someone so close to you. Having repetitive activities daily could really make us feel exhausted and some kind of irritated and bored. Try to do the things you love or eat your favorite foods. Talk to your family and friends and share whatever is bothering you.