Important vs. Urgent... Which Tasks Brings You Happiness?

DreamLifeRules

Coaching Member
What tasks should you do, and what you shouldn´t?
Everyone has some tasks, which are important.
But, we also have tasks, which isn´t as much important, but they are urgent.
Difference?
Important is for example working on your new project.
Urgent is when you have calls all day, which isn´t related to your most important task.
See the difference?
Steven Covey in his book First things first, explain this difference more deeply.
Our live will have meaning, we will reach success, when we focus on Important over Urgent.

What is important for you, and what are some urgent situations you have to deal with, in your life?

Last edited:

denydritz

Coaching Member
I've read First Things First too, that book helped me greatly with priority management.

Of course, the tasks that brings me happiness are the important ones, but I have urgent tasks too. I am building my own business, so I don't have as many urgent tasks as people who work as an employee (I assume). Finding out what are the important tasks can be a task in itself, especially when I was starting out on my own. I feel that I also still do some unimportant and not urgent activities, so I'm trying to minimize this part.

Cheers!

Mick IOM

Coaching Member
I just agree with the exact conclusion of Steven Covey to be honest.

Ive done a bunch of urgent things in life my life but looking back at them they were absolute time wasters.

For me the challenge is more to identify the real important from the unimportant. Anyone else who finds that difficult?

All the best,
Mick