If you're going to live your life all over again

If you were given the chance to live your life all over again, what is it that you're going to change?

My being a perfectionist. I'll openly accept that as a human being, I commit mistakes, delays, and other shortcomings. I should not expect too much of myself and from other people. We all have our limitations.

Hi there! I think I love myself as I am. ;) We can never be ultimately perfect so I am satisfied enough to be content with myself. I know I have a lot of imperfections - I procrastinate a lot and I get depressed easily, but that's just the way I am and I'm quite okay with all those flaws! Being perfect is boring, anyway. :p

angela

Hi bright_light

I think the part of my life that I want to change a little bit is during my high school days. I was a studious type during those years. Though I have lots of friends, I only joined few activities like dancing, and singing. I want to return that part of my life, to develop my skils. :D

speedy

Advisor Member
I was abused when I was a kid, I guess that's the part of my life that I want to change and wished that didn't happen. I love my life as it is now though there are many trials and problems in the past and also even though my parents separated when I was 4, I don't want to change that part because I love my half brothers and sisters. On the other hand, I wish to do my best when I was in College and my grades are good. :)

iebo

If I had the opportunity to live life over, I would have taken more chances. I would not have let the fear of failure stop me from trying things, from trying out for the football team to asking girls out on dates. I would stand up for myself more as well, since I have value and deserve to be treated with respect.

You can't get back the past, but you can choose to make up for it starting today.

I was abused when I was a kid, I guess that's the part of my life that I want to change and wished that didn't happen. I love my life as it is now though there are many trials and problems in the past and also even though my parents separated when I was 4, I don't want to change that part because I love my half brothers and sisters. On the other hand, I wish to do my best when I was in College and my grades are good. :)
You're a brave soul. I'm sorry to hear that you got into such a very bad experience when you were a kid. Hope the culprit got imprisoned. I said you're a brave person because you did not allow those negative incidents in the past to stop you from going on with life. God Bless.

speedy

Advisor Member
You're a brave soul. I'm sorry to hear that you got into such a very bad experience when you were a kid. Hope the culprit got imprisoned. I said you're a brave person because you did not allow those negative incidents in the past to stop you from going on with life. God Bless.
Thank you very much. I wish he did, but I already forgive him and he will not never ever do that again, otherwise he will get old on prison. Yes, my negative experiences helped me to be stronger and stand still and hold on unto my dreams. :)

MoreSuccess

Senior Advisor
Staff member
Hi bright_light

I think the part of my life that I want to change a little bit is during my high school days. I was a studious type during those years. Though I have lots of friends, I only joined few activities like dancing, and singing. I want to return that part of my life, to develop my skils. :D
That's the same thing for me, I was also shy when I shouldn't have been, I missed so many opportunities, wasn't until after high school I got past that. I also wish I had handled my money better, I should have saved better and not wasted so much of it.

I think I would've been more open as a child, and I'll take better care of my body in terms of health and hygiene so that I would not have problems with so much acne when I was in my teens.

I definitely wouldn't have started smoking :unsure:

More importantly, I would have steeped out of my comfort zone sooner and taken more risks instead of conforming to society.

(probably would have bunked off school a lot more as well :sneaky:

I regret various things in my life on occasion, but then I remember an old phrase I heard years ago:

'Without your mistakes and failures, you would not be the same person you are today, so be thankful for everything in your life.'

I forget where I heard this, but I believe that my mistakes, regrets, and failures drive me to live a more passionate and full life.

So I really don't know that I would've done anything differently really.

"Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it." - Winston Churchill

Because of my past mistakes I can now help others who go through the same things I have.

Take from out of the past what you needed to learn, and from it create a life that is more incredible because of it.

Dan_Bukowski

Advisor Member
I would have taken my academic career far more serious than I did in my younger days. It took way to long for me to achieve my academic goals. The good thing was everything I wanted to achieve I did but I took the difficult road to do so.

If i could live my life again i definitely wouldn't start smoking weed, i wasted so much time (almost 6years) on this, i would go to collage, i would answer my childhood friend on msng (he wrote message to me, i didnt answer and two weeks later he died because of brain cancer), i would try more to socialize myself with other people (now i have little problems with this, but ill work it out ;) ) even though i would like to change those things I know it is not going to happen so all I can do now is to focus on my future ;)

I think that every moment in our life is something perfect! WHY? Because thanks to all that fails, errors and mistakes is that you are the person who you are! To take a lesson to learn from there. So if you change your past you are changing who you are. :)

-JR. [link removed by mod] :)

Last edited by a moderator: