If you could change one thing about yourself...

Stalv

My problem is lack of ACTION and being PERSISTENT with the goals i set. In 2014 I have actually improved this, I made a Excel-document with 6 things I want to do on a daily basis and reward myself with points for each task i complete each day. For each month i get a total score and have a goal to always beat my best-month-score. Competing with myself on my quest for glory!

pokladnicka

Hi Jessi,

I think what I would change about myself would be «the way I consider what does it mean to change myself».

I have weak points and I lack many things but: Why not use my strong points to make my balloon fly and make that way my weak points fly too?

What I am considering recently, is the mere fact that we will always have weak points, that is my supposition. Poor areas in our personalities and in our lifes. Why not use our best abilities and talents to make our weakness appear less weak?

pipps

If I could change one thing about myself I would change something about the past. I would make myself more certain and more confident within myself. This would have made me try harder in school, keep in touch with friends and make me take more risks and not worry about failing. I hate feeling regretful about the past, but I do. I wish I could go back and change things but I can't. I'm stuck here now because of the choices I MADE, no one else. I got myself here and it's up to me now to get myself where I want to get.

One thing I did change about myself was my ability to accept others opinions of certain things. What I mean by that is that at one point, i couldn't just accept someone's opinion of something because I felt that they were factually wrong based on common sense. I was always more of an analytical person and overthought people's opinions instead of just accepting the fact that that's their opinion and their entitled to it. Since then, I have been more open to accepting opinions without being so analytical.

Nickmens

"If I could change one thing about myself, what would it be? " That an interesting question. I would not change anything about myself. But would rather work diligently on the "Power of My Inner-Ability"

John Beck.

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

And what are you doing to improve it then? Or if it's something you can't change, what are you doing to be at terms with that and not wishing things were different?
I would like to be more focused, I take on to many projects at once, maybe thinking by doing this that I am achieving more when in fact the opposite is true. I need to break this habit to be more productive.I will find this difficult as I enjoy variety .

Toby Jensen

Coaching Member
Can people actually change? I believe they can but it is rare. Sure, people can learn new skills. Only true change? Very rare. There are a lot of people who truly believe that people can't change. I even met a professor at a local prestigious university who was in the business department. He stated flatly within the first few minutes of our conversation that he believed people can't change. I was floored by his dismal outlook.

Of course we can change but it is rare. The reason is that an accepted universal method for change has never been widely adopted. Too much bickering over methodology, ignorance, refusal to see beyond one's own beliefs, etc.

Ellyn

I wish that I could be more honest and in touch with my instincts. I phrase it like that's two things, but I think it's really one.

The thing is, I still believe that it's a good thing to think about other people, and it's up to other people to decide if I'm thinking about them too much at the cost of my own goals, dignity, and integrity.

It's always turned out awfully! But whenever I try to let go of being a people-pleaser, I begin to feel like a very bad person...so, it's like my own feelings against my own feelings. I try to remind myself that I'm doing nobody any favors by...doing them any favors, but by the loop-the-loop of that sentence it's not entirely true.

Nickmens

Can people actually change? I believe they can but it is rare. Sure, people can learn new skills. Only true change? Very rare. There are a lot of people who truly believe that people can't change. I even met a professor at a local prestigious university who was in the business department. He stated flatly within the first few minutes of our conversation that he believed people can't change. I was floored.

Hello Toby,

Your question of "can people actually change"? Is a great topic for discussion, you said you believe people can, but it's rare. I can understand why you will be saying that. I believe, true change can only happen within a person and most of what we call change, is really not change, but rather re-actions to circumstances. True change happens in the heart (when one replaces a conclusive erroneous belief, with truth).

Please do not be surprised, when people (learned or experts), make certain statements, because the truth is, no one person knows enough to have the absolute last word on everything. We are all still learning - professor of a prestigious university or not. Some years ago, the learned thought the world was flat, remember?

flad264

If I could change one thing about myself I think it would be my level of being able to focus on one take and get it done to completion as quickly as possible. I procrastinate a little too much and I know I could get a lot more done in my businesses if I would just sit down and focus a lot more than I do now.

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

And what are you doing to improve it then? Or if it's something you can't change, what are you doing to be at terms with that and not wishing things were different?
My anger. I'm trying to improve it and I suppose being aware of it is a first step but I'm finding it difficult. I have an inner rage that swings from 'healthy' anger where I get angry at injustices in the world for example to 'unhealthy' anger where I lose my temper with those close to me due to life's everyday frustrations. But most of all I tend to be angry with myself but I'm striving to be a better person. At times it feels hopeless but then at times when I help others or offer a small gesture of goodwill I feel a lot better about myself. I'm a work on progress, maybe I'll carry on working on it and check in here later and tell you how it's going!! :)

AnthonyXP

If I could change one thing about myself, I would be more assertive, less passive.
I've been improving it though, the past few years through finding my true self and shedding away the expectations of the world around me, that social conditioning we all develop growing up.
Meditation has really helped me with this, just getting in tune with who I Am and strengthening that inner dialogue.
that And, being more grateful for each day of life, and trying to make the most of it and take advantage of every opportunity as though it might be my last.