If you could add just one hour....

Jessi

Age old question. If you could add just one hour, what would you do with it?

Take note that this is in the leisure section. This time, let's focus strictly on things that would bring us pleasure instead of more chores like doing the dishes or laundry more often. :)

Cecil Estrera

Good question. Well, I think I would play and spend time with my kids outside more. That's the activity that we don't get to do everyday, so sometimes, I actually feel guilty about it. But it never is too late to make up for it right? ;)

zararina

Coaching Member
I think I would spend that additional hour walking in the park or in a place that makes me feel closer with nature. It will be a relaxing or refreshing way to spend that extra time.

AmazingP

Advisor Member
You mean adding one more hour in a day? Well, I think I would just spend it with the things that I am doing right now because an hour additional is too small for me. I think I need another eight more hours in a day so that I can use it to sleep while the remaining 24 hours would be for my pursuits. Only if it is possible...:D

clauemi

I would do something I don't get to do often nowadays, like reading a book, exercising, sleeping, etc... I try my best to stick to my routine this way I still have time to work and don't neglect my kids. Any extra activities are hard to fit in our schedule and it would be wonderful if you just had that one extra hour.

I would use it to get as far away from absolutely everyone as I possibly could. This gregarious, social, friendly persona is all just a façade... I really just want to be alone. :p

jasserdev

If you just had one hour left and were then finished, I think that time would be with my family, but that is not something I would do for myself. I think that it would be important to give them some ability to say goodbye and is probably the most considerate thing one might do for their loved ones. If, on the other hand, it was a matter of one hour of your life being able to do anything, I think it would to spend it with people having the ability to teach you how to be the most effective person you could. That way, you would gain more than just the hour and could potentially achieve many things that you might otherwise not have the opportunity for.

Jessi

You mean adding one more hour in a day? Well, I think I would just spend it with the things that I am doing right now because an hour additional is too small for me. I think I need another eight more hours in a day so that I can use it to sleep while the remaining 24 hours would be for my pursuits. Only if it is possible...:D
The thing is, if we added 8 more hours like you suggested, chances are, we'd probably still be doing the same things we're already doing....just in larger/longer segments anyway, lol. That's the main reason I have a hard time trying to fantasize and imagine a situation with even one more hour because I know I'd probably do "more of the same."

AmazingP

Advisor Member
The thing is, if we added 8 more hours like you suggested, chances are, we'd probably still be doing the same things we're already doing....just in larger/longer segments anyway, lol. That's the main reason I have a hard time trying to fantasize and imagine a situation with even one more hour because I know I'd probably do "more of the same."
In that case, there must be a great wisdom why nature designed that we would have only a duration of 24 hours per day. And in many cases, we have to trust Mother Nature for doing its job. I agree with you that some people would just be doing the same thing in case a day would be extended with additional hours. At least, on this regard, we are all equal -- whether you are rich or poor, popular or not -- as we only have 24 hours a day. :D

OhioTom76

Probably cook something, try out a new recipe. I love cooking, and trying to teach myself more advanced techniques.

bneil

One more hour of sleep :) haha, I think i need some sleep, i have been waking up early and sleeping late due to my work and studies.

Dan_Bukowski

Advisor Member
I would love to be able to spend an extra hour with my kids a day, especially during the week. I wouldn't care what we were doing, the time would be valuable!

GJGreyling

Coaching Member
One hour a day would make 365 extra hours every year, which is equal to 15 days! Who wouldn’t want all that extra time! I suppose you can add an extra hour every day if you were to wake up an hour earlier every day.

I enjoy playing online poker so that is what I would do is to play an extra hour of online poker every day. (y)

RodaTL

Advisor Member
I'd go in nature. In a forrest, mountain, on a secluded beach, anywhere to just watch nature and listen to nature and nothing else.

Mick IOM

Coaching Member
If I would've 1 extra hour in my leisure time I would either learn the Spanish language or learn to play the guitar or the ukulele.

All the best,
Mick

denydritz

Coaching Member
One more hour of sleep sounds like a winner lol! If I could add one more hour in a day I think I would use it to learn about the many topics that interest me, read the books on my list, or write my thoughts that I hope one day would be useful for a person who reads it.