I like a 14 yo

Jamie1385

Ok so I’m a 17 yo girl and I am at the beach and I met this guy who happened to be 14. Me and my friend was driving on the strip playing music and he just jumped on the back of my cart and we just started talking and we got each others snapchats then I took him home. Later that day I was driving alone and ran in to him again he got on my golf cart a we started talking I found out that we are very similar in a lot of ways we joke about the same stuff we like that same music and we both love beeing around each other. He has told me that he likes me and I told him that I like him but the age gap between us is too big but tonight is my last night here before i leave and possibly never see him again I really love him as a friend and I wish we could be more but the age gap is too big. We have hung out every day and night since we met and I loved every second of it. So what do you think I should do should we stay friends or nothing at all because my parents agree that it is to big of a age gap but I’m hopeful that In the future when it’s not as big of a deal it can happen.

MoreSuccess

Senior Advisor
Staff member
I think being friends isn't going to work or be wise given your age difference. It would have a number of challenges that would likely get worse as you get older. In time you're going to meet so many other guys you like that are closer to your age. At most perhaps stay in contact via social media if you're far enough away that he's not going to pressure you to meet in person. Or just move on and consider it one of many happy life experiences you've had.

Jamie1385

I think being friends isn't going to work or be wise given your age difference. It would have a number of challenges that would likely get worse as you get older. In time you're going to meet so many other guys you like that are closer to your age. At most perhaps stay in contact via social media if you're far enough away that he's not going to pressure you to meet in person. Or just move on and consider it one of many happy life experiences you've had.
Thank yo so much this really helped me

denydritz

Coaching Member
Hi Jamie, three years is not a big age gap. It might feel that way when you're a teenager, but for the most part in life, three years is not a big difference. Earlier this month, a friend of mine got married to his girlfriend, and he is 6-7 years younger than her. No problem.

Maybe in the future, when you meet each other again, and you're both in a better place (mentally, emotionally, physically), and you've met other guys to see the availability of choices, if he's still in your mind then reach out to him and see what happens :)

Cheers!

I dated a girl who was 14 when I was 17. There's nothing wrong with it, but the stress of a relationship that isn't approved of especially as a minor just isn't worth it. You could most definitely remain friends, and just see what happens later in life, but you shouldn't be waiting for him. Go and see what else is out there for you, work on yourself, and really be just friends with him. I know a lot of people in their 40s 50s and 60s with very long lasting marriages who started out as just friends when children. The biggest thing would be focus on yourself and don't stress it too much. Whenever it's time to make a decision, weigh risks vs rewards, and you'll be golden.

Blessings!