I lack motivation and my life is boring

zetohero

I feel completly lost, I'm 20 years old at university studying law but my life is boring and nothing is exciting to me anymmore. I wasn't like this before, I used to have goals and enjoyed working. I'm 1 semester behind and I lost a lot of money sports betting in the last 2 months because that's the only thing that makes me feel something, it makes me feel alive.
Any advice would be great. Thanks

Hi Zetohero,

You are that indeed a hero, I once felt like that in my early 20s. It was not until years after someone told me that not because you don't think you are making an impact, because you are making an impact on others around you. You are special remember that! However, what I recommend is re-evaluating what is you want to do in life is law your desired goal or are you doing it to fit in a certain crowd or worse doing because of someone else. I want you you to think along those lines. In addition, I would like to know if you play sports or have hobbies, you can substitute it for gambling. I'm here to speak whenever....

denydritz

Coaching Member
What were your goals, and what work did you enjoy?
Can you identify a specific date or event when you lost your excitement?

Understanding why or how you lost your excitement can be the first step to bringing it back. It may be gone entirely, especially if your excitement was reliant on an external source (like a friend or a family member who isn't there anymore).

If that's the case, then now is a good opportunity to build an exciting life without relying on outside factors. I think it would be a big breakthrough for you, once you make it, you will always have an exciting life.

JunaidRaza

Yes, surely I can help you regain your pleasure. Actually, you're feeling bored because you're not improving yourself. Happiness comes with self-improvement. Do whatever you want to do and you will feel pleasure. May I know what do you like the most?

J101

You just need to find something you're interested in to work on - when you don't have that sense of purpose of working towards something it's almost impossible to feel motivated. Unfortunately you need some trial and error to find out what that 'thing' actually is for you.

If you're at all interested in travel and have enough for a trip to somewhere far away (ideally a cheap backpacker place with a completely different culture), I'd strongly recommend that. It's the best way to feel less bored and mix things up, as you probably feel like you're doing the same stuff every day at the moment. Putting yourself in a radically different environment could be a great help.

Joe1776

Coaching Member
I feel completly lost, I'm 20 years old at university studying law but my life is boring and nothing is exciting to me anymmore. I wasn't like this before, I used to have goals and enjoyed working. I'm 1 semester behind and I lost a lot of money sports betting in the last 2 months because that's the only thing that makes me feel something, it makes me feel alive.
Any advice would be great. Thanks
The reason you chose the law is probably because you wanted to enhance your reputation with your family and your peer group. That's not a good reason to do anything. You want to become the kind of person who seems to have nothing to prove to himself or anyone else. You should want genuine self-confidence.

There is no topic more interesting to us than ourselves. I suggest you focus on making moral progress, becoming a better human being. On a scale of five, if you were born a 3.2 morally, try to become a 4.7. The pain-pleasure function of your brain will reward you with contentment for your achievement.

Autologie

Mostly times when i had problems with boredom it was because one (or more combined) of those things:

1 - I've quitted a goal that i had because i thought i was not able to reach it

2 - I was living other people realities (that means: I was doing what others wanted and i never had time to dedicate to myself as an individual) and goals. Be true to yourself and stop doing what others want if that's the case.

3 - I was procastinating or avoiding doing WHAT I KNEW THAT SHOULD BE DONE.

Try to know better yourself and solve what you allready know that has to be solved. Life is amazing when you face and live it ;)