I know you are out there

Elhama

Coaching Member
Nigeria IP addresses lol
Now thats funny, lol. Thanks for keeping us safe @MoreSuccess
Hi all,
I felt it is an honest thing. I was even admiring the courage it takes to post such a message. After all, what gain could a person get of lying about such thing. They may be honest. They may be not. I believe, the damage that a lie causes reflects more on the liar themselves. So, although it is good of the site management to be such careful and alert about IP addresses, be they are honest or not let's not judge anyone. Let's just wish them well.
Peace & kind regards

Last edited:

MoreSuccess

Administrator
Staff member

Elhama

Coaching Member
I respect your opinion on this however I feel it's extremely unlikely to be legit. The gain is this: https://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/romance-scams. Also the poster claims to be in the USA when it was posted from Nigeria.
Hi MoreSuccess,
Thanks for sharing that link. I was aware that sometimes people use other people feelings but till I read the story on that link I never thought it goes so far as that. It is so sad that some people exploit other feelings for money or for anything.

I once read a wise saying attributed to mother Teresa. It says what means there is much hunger for love feelings in this world than hunger for food. I guess that wise saying is very right and may be that kind of hunger she talked about is the reason why some people have the chance to do that kind of scam.

When I talked about not judging anyone, I was not defending scam of any kind. I just thaught there is might be even a little chance that there is honesty in the post even if it was posted from Nigeria because I was not aware of the common story you shared behind that. It is so respectable of you as the site management to catch such things and to warn other about it, so thanks again.

Peace & Kind Regards

Last edited: