How to stay motivated without support?

Topsecret

This question has bothered me a lot recently. I am 26 years old and I am trying to get my life together. I have had a lot of things happen to me growing up and of course like many people I ate my feelings. No one made me aware of what I was doing. Simply no one cared because it wasn't them. I started this at 13 years old, and some days I wish my mom would have tried to stop me. Now I am trying to move forward with my life and it is difficult. I am a mother of two, and still have no support. I have begged my husband for over a year for a gym membership and he still hasn't gotten me one. I am a stay at home mom so I don't make the money so there for I cannot force him to buy me one. What do you do when your happiness has been gone for 13 years and it is you against the world it seems? I just don't get it, if it was my daughter or husband that needed to change to become happy I would go to the ends of the earth to make it happen. Why wouldn't my mom or husband do the same for me? I guess all I have is trying to work out at home which is difficult, but I assume it can be done. What should I tell myself to keep me motivated?

radascars

Advisor Member
I got used to be alone for sometime and not having some good support system in my back. At first its very hard to get motivated knowing that you only tend to help your self alone.

I motivate my self thinking of my failures before and divert that to inspire me to work hard in my future, I visualize my self that I am going to be successful in life. What I am trying to point out is even if you have no support system or anyone that you could depend on try to think positive, make your day positive even if its really bad. I got used to that kind of mentality and I feel great about it, no hassle and its more easy than being too problematic about life. :)

AmazingP

Advisor Member
People who always have the love and support of their families and friends should thank the heavens for that privilege. Really, humans are born social and as such it would be hard to combat life's challenges and downturns without anybody at your side who could be there especially when you need somebody to props you up.

When you have nobody to turn to and you can only rely with yourself, widen your perception of life and make yourself stronger and stay positive by surviving one day at a time and always be guided by faith. Get into your spiritual connection and beef up your faith with Him.

radascars

Advisor Member
When you have nobody to turn to and you can only rely with yourself, widen your perception of life and make yourself stronger and stay positive by surviving one day at a time and always be guided by faith. Get into your spiritual connection and beef up your faith with Him.
You definitely got it right! I agree with you, if you feel like losing someone to support you entirely with your life don't lose hope as God is there for you always. People do forget that when times are really hard for them. :(