How to Stay Focused on Your Goals

How to Stay Focused on Your Goals - Check out my video via this link

Not quite sure why you can't seem to find the motivation to stay focused on your goals? In this video I discuss a few things which can help you to stay motivated, but also a range of strategies to make sure that the goals you are setting are truly the right goals for you.

DayProv

Advisor Member
I recently studied this topic, and I love this approach from Brendon Burchard:

You don´t lose your motivation. You lost your focus on what you are fighting for.

So, the first thing (and maybe the only) people should do when they don´t feel motivated, is to think again about the big reason why they´re fighting. The best reason is to have some unselfish goal. For example - I will do it for my mom, for my children, for my husband, wife,...

For me, it's to have purpose that you want to achieve once you reach your goals.
Why do you want to achieve your goals?
When you understand the "Why" and it's the goals that you really really want, you'll always excited to work on your goals.

Last edited by a moderator:

MoreSuccess

Senior Advisor
Staff member
How to Stay Focused on Your Goals - Check out my video via this link

Not quite sure why you can't seem to find the motivation to stay focused on your goals? In this video I discuss a few things which can help you to stay motivated, but also a range of strategies to make sure that the goals you are setting are truly the right goals for you.
Please keep links in the signature next time or it will be edited out, see https://www.personal-development.com/community/help/terms/

Gio

For me, the most important thing is understand the "very" reason of why you do want to do. Another importants step are by getting awareness of how your time is spent and if there is a reason about procrastination.

In order to stay focused on my goals, I make sure to use a goal planner. Michael Hyatt's Full Focus Planner has been rocking my world for the past 9 months. I find that just writing and reviewing my goals daily is enough to keep me focused on what I'm doing.

I also use a white board in my office for a more visual reminder.

denydritz

Coaching Member
You don´t lose your motivation. You lost your focus on what you are fighting for.
Yes, I agree with this quote from Brendon, though I word it differently.

We lose focus on our goals because we aren't clear about our goals. We may say we want to achieve some goal, such as earn an extra $1,000 per month, but if the process isn't clear, we become demotivated.

A clear goal would include a clear process to achieve it, a clear timeline to achieve it, and a "guarantee" that we will achieve it. This guarantee is probably the most demotivating factor when we don't have it.

An example of a "guarantee" is when we go home, are we guaranteed to arrive home? Though there are some divine factors that can stop us from getting home (like an accident), but for most of the time we arrive home. We don't become demotivated or lose focus when we don't arrive home in the time we expect. We keep moving until we arrive.

IMO, when we have clear goals, we don't need focus or motivation. Similar to we don't need motivation or focus to go home, we simply do it because the benefit is absolutely clear. Having to stay focused or stay motivated on our goals means we still have some confusion about our goals.

Focus and motivation is a "placeholder" to compensate for our lack of clarity.