How to solve these challenges?

denydritz

Coaching Member
Hi @psdev I want to reply that I believe that the majority of successful people don't get it right the first time. From all of my mentors, only ONE got it right from the start, and that's because he spent YEARS thinking about how to think correctly. Even then, several of his business ventures with partners had to be dropped because it didn't work.

Every other of my mentors failed. A few of them failed big, and they recommend everyone to fail. I don't necessarily believe in the "struggle and failure before success" school of thought, but it's better than not getting started at all because you want everything correct before you move.

Another point, it's sometimes not possible to know everything before you make a move. Perhaps an analogy is like dating, where you can't analyze whether a girl or guy is the right match for you without entering into a relationship with them. The same recipe, used in a different relationship, can cause disaster, even when it was successful in a previous relationship.

The path to your success won't reveal itself fully in the beginning. It will reveal itself once you take that first step, second step, and so on. There are certain things we can only see once we get to a certain altitude, that make us realize, "A-ha! That is where I need to go."

Hi @psdev I want to reply that I believe that the majority of successful people don't get it right the first time. From all of my mentors, only ONE got it right from the start, and that's because he spent YEARS thinking about how to think correctly. Even then, several of his business ventures with partners had to be dropped because it didn't work.

Every other of my mentors failed. A few of them failed big, and they recommend everyone to fail. I don't necessarily believe in the "struggle and failure before success" school of thought, but it's better than not getting started at all because you want everything correct before you move.

Another point, it's sometimes not possible to know everything before you make a move. Perhaps an analogy is like dating, where you can't analyze whether a girl or guy is the right match for you without entering into a relationship with them. The same recipe, used in a different relationship, can cause disaster, even when it was successful in a previous relationship.

The path to your success won't reveal itself fully in the beginning. It will reveal itself once you take that first step, second step, and so on. There are certain things we can only see once we get to a certain altitude, that make us realize, "A-ha! That is where I need to go."
Thanks for that, makes sense.

I agree with the dating analogy because it helps understand.
Another analogy I hear from speakers is about how people go for hunting/safari, which is adventurous and filled with danger.
When you go to forest to hunt you dont know whats around - it could be a snake underneath, or a tiger behind the bush or mosquitoes or thorns which can poke your feet. In this scenario how do you expect every step to go right when there are so many variables to manage. Majority of factors are outside your control, so you just go with the flow of challenge and find ways to minimize risks and damages. That's how life works.

So you cannot expect everything to be offered in a platter. Or you cannot expect you will get 100% in everything you do. Its like expecting not to get hurt at all in a hunt adventure - you will get some bruises, sprains, etc. But at the end its not about the result but the enjoying the process of hunting.
Now if hunting doesn't make sense, replace the same with a game of soccer or basketball. Now you can do all sorts of planning, strategy and what not, but the dynamics change when the actual game starts and develops. That's how life is.
Its not about perfection but using the failures and experiences and enjoying those experiences and trying to fine tune your future strategies so you reach excellence. Its not about perfection - we always have room for improvement but we need to have that thirst for excellence!