How to SLEEP Your Way to Better Health {Infographic}

Etheric Archives

Advisor Member

Hubert Koh

Good work! sleep is a natural heal to most issues.

Scott Harvey

Advisor Member
I just received a page that showed me related links :(

I do feel that getting quality sleep is a hugely underrated skill. It takes hard work to guarantee that you'll sleep well, so I guess it eliminates the fact it's a passive activity. I have done numerous things to improve my sleep (sleepio course, sleep phase alarm clock, CES machine, supplements...) and I'm finally at a place where I can say I'm happy with my sleep. It took me a long time of self-testing though!

Todd Hicks

Senior Advisor
I combine roughly five hours of sleep at night plus napping throughout the day to reach a total of six and a half to seven hours of sleep. It works but I'd like to get somewhat more sleep at night.

Scott Harvey

Advisor Member
Have you heard of the bulletproof executive? That's where I first learned about sleep hacking and increasing the quality of my sleep. Dave Asprey has some really good, and some not so good, suggestions :)

I was then directed (by Hal Elrod) to a book by Shawn Stevenson called "21 proven tips to sleep your way to a better body, better health and bigger success."

The sleepio course was part a study I took part in for Oxford universities psychology department about the effects of sleep on students emotions. I didn't have to pay for it, but in hindsight, I would have. It was really good.

A lot of it comes down to tracking how well you sleep as you implement changes. One change at a time. You can take quantitative measurements of sleep phases, how many times you woke etc... or just qualitative. Seeing what works for you is key though.

Hattrick

Advisor Member
Yeah I have thought about this a lot. I am always looking to improve in my sleep. There are so many ideas when it comes to sleeping and waking up refreshed. My personal keys would be:

1. Eating a light dinner and no combining of carbs and proteins in a dinner meal

2. Practicing getting up at the sound of your alarm. It is interesting how after practicing this about 20 times in a row, the next morning I just wake up and spring out of bed without the thought of sleeping a few more minutes. I found that Steve Pavlina's stuff on sleeping is very informative and probably the most insightful stuff I've come across. More Details --> http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2006/04/how-to-get-up-right-away-when-your-alarm-goes-off/

3. Taking 20 minute naps when I am feeling tired.

Good sleep is a treasure. Unless you have good sleep you feel tired and listless the next day. The lifestyle of modern youth is pitiable. They lead a sedentary lifestyle.
http://www.breezystorm.com/top-10-ways-overcome-insomnia/
They are awake till the early hours of morning and sleep through the afternoon. Follow a good sleep pattern and live a healthy life. Active life and relaxed mind induces deep sleep.