How to overcome laziness

Ryan Doug

Laziness will surely bring us in want. It is really a matter of disciplining ourselves. We should not think of being lazy in doing something, because this can truly affect our aim in accomplishing goals. Even if the body is weak, but certainly our mind will do in pushing our bodies to work.

Ryan Doug

Laziness will surely bring us in want. It is really a matter of disciplining ourselves. We should not think of being lazy in doing something, because this can truly affect our aim in accomplishing goals. Even if the body is weak, but certainly our mind will do in pushing our bodies to work.

Gerlie Reyes

The best cure for any bad habit is to face it, acknowledge it and then make a conscious mental and physical effort to overcome it. Most people are not lazy! They may not like doing some things or may be afraid of challenges or lack motivation but this is not laziness although many people may look at the results and attribute it to being lazy. Someone called lazy will always find energy and enthusiasm for something that they really love and enjoy!

DayProv

Advisor Member
@js14 so it seems I am naturally born Lazy :) but all of us should do something so we could succeed into being better. We could overcome our laziness by thinking about our goal.
Hello, I disagree that you were born lazy. Every child is everything but not lazy. Children are curious, energetic, they never stop. People BECOME lazy, but they are not born lazy.

Laziness from my point is usually just exit for people who feel overwhelmed. I personally was one of them. I set myself goals, which were way beyond my options. Then, what I could do is struggling and hustling for reaching not-achievable goals, or I could sit down and watching TV (become lazy). For me, and people who choose to be lazy it´s just easier than facing our failures.

So, my suggestion is to set yourself the smallest goals ever and start to slowly achieve them one by one. Something so small like waking up tomorrow 10 times before you planned. Next time you notice, you will be so empowered and confident, that you will never wanna be lazy again.

As Lao-Tzu said: "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."

Well, the first step is to find something you care about. What are your goals in life? What are you trying to achieve? What is your passion, because once you find it you won’t feel so lazy. Find something you love and like to talk about. Life is what we make it, it can be mediocre or it can be something great!

https://fashionshortcuts.com/

11046188_1412520275727156_7621136697136606891_o.jpg

ChaseE

I think action comes from our ability to survive and thrive. We live in a world of abundance (food, water, shelter and cloths are everywhere) so our subconscious levels out and rationalizes that any extra work.... is not worth it because our needs are met.

So in order to get more then necessary (working harder) you have to fight/mold your subconscious to do the bidding of the conscious and that war sums up our ability to take action or not.

The more you can influence and trick the subconscious the more you will be able to take action.