How to increase self confidence for facing job-interviews for an experienced person

@^00P

Hi All

As can one can understand form title its elf i am person who lacks confidence for facing job-interviews for an experienced person.I am 33 years old and 5-6 years of job experience.My job is technical in nature .I have hardly faced any job interviews so i have this fear of facing job interviews still with me.Interviews are schedule and i chicken out at last moment.Now this taking toll me .I have always have thing in my mind that i am not 100 prepared .I need to study more and then face interviews.And so i chicken out.It is always in mind i need to study more or i have study this that part..

I likes my mind suggest first complete that chapter or right it by pen mark it etc etc then its consider complete by my mind/me

All though even my collages are not 100% prepared but they go and give interviews ...and i donot

so what are solutions please suggest

Regards
@^00P

PS : But i got both my job due to facing interviews only ..no frnd recommendation etc etc all othey factor may have played but it was not that it my hand

DayProv

Advisor Member
Hi All

As can one can understand form title its elf i am person who lacks confidence for facing job-interviews for an experienced person.I am 33 years old and 5-6 years of job experience.My job is technical in nature .I have hardly faced any job interviews so i have this fear of facing job interviews still with me.Interviews are schedule and i chicken out at last moment.Now this taking toll me .I have always have thing in my mind that i am not 100 prepared .I need to study more and then face interviews.And so i chicken out.It is always in mind i need to study more or i have study this that part..

I likes my mind suggest first complete that chapter or right it by pen mark it etc etc then its consider complete by my mind/me

All though even my collages are not 100% prepared but they go and give interviews ...and i donot

so what are solutions please suggest

Regards
@^00P

PS : But i got both my job due to facing interviews only ..no frnd recommendation etc etc all othey factor may have played but it was not that it my hand
Hey,
your problem is self-confidence problem. Look at that this way:

Your life doesn't depend on this job interview. At the end of the day, it´s only the interview. (that´s for you to stop worrying so much and stressed out about the interview). And don´t worry, according to your experience, I am sure you know what you are doing in your job, so don´t worry (be happy :))

Another thing is preparation. Try to do with your friend, member of your family, your partner, with anyone. Just practice any answers, learn to improvise.

And the last thing, the best way to beat fear is just do it. Just do what you fear the most, and by the time, you get better at this. There´s no another way.

I hope it helps, good luck with your interview!