How to improve my skills for the future workplace - Oxygean?

Do you think soft skills are becoming more important in the future?

• Yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yvanka

At first, I want to thank everybody for doing such a great job for helping each other to grow and to develop ourselves even further.

I am, just as many others, in quarantine at this moment for at least 14 days, the country is in lockdown (I'm in Spain) and this can be quite boring, so I started looking around for some self-development apps, website, ….

Now, the last few days just kept me wondering, what are the most important skills to have for the future workplace?
As we all know, automation will change the future workplace as we know it and already within the next decade, we will see a lot of changes.
It sounds scary, but I did some research about this subject and I found out that being human will become our biggest asset, we only need to know how to use it!
Soft skills will become the most important skills to future proof our jobs.

So okay, that will become more important in the future, but how come we don't see the importance of those soft skills now?
How to work in a team, how the be empathic with others, how to communicate, ... I feel like many soft skills are missed by all of us that it shocks me we don't really learn this in school. And why not?
Meanwhile we have influential speakers and mentors trying to teach us how to behave and how to become successful.
But how do I know what skills I am missing? Or which ones to improve? Because, well for me, I don't even know where to start when I am not sure what is wrong or what to improve.

After looking online and doing some research, I came onto an application named Oxygean.
It looks fairly new, but it does tick all the boxes. It's all about peer to peer knowledge exchange with short videos about soft skills and they have a test (I did it and it is very accurate) about your "superpowers" what lets you know what your skills are, what to improve and from there you can start your tailored journey.
It is the first (free) app what I came across what is all about soft skills and it looks good to me!

Does anyone have any experience with this app and willing to open the discussing about it?

*Note: I checked their website and it says the app is community owned, is looking for co-creators and protects user data. Big plus for me!

Thanks already and stay safe!

Cynthia

Senior Advisor
"But how do I know what skills I am missing? Or which ones to improve? Because, well for me, I don't even know where to start when I am not sure what is wrong or what to improve."

One good place is communication skills! We can all do better at that.

For example, a free tool is YouTube.

Today I used that to create a simple encouraging video that starts out with something practical for these times we've got right now. I used Zoom to record. Yes, a silly example. But it helped me learn before so today I took out that idea and made a video.

By the way, if you want to see it, here's the link: