How to Have More Belief in Yourself!

S

Sahak Hakoyan

This quote comes from one of the most admired people. Believe and Achieve! It may sound cheesy, and it may sound false. But through my experience in using the power of belief, and through my indulgence in reading personal development books, I can assure you that the power of belief is magnificent and it works.

Tony Robbins explains it best on one of his videos. <—

Faith is another term used for belief. Faith drives you to new accomplishments because you believe it can be done. The Law of Attraction (I will talk about in future post) only works when one believes what one has seen through his minds eye will come to a complete manifestation.

One of the best examples is of Mahatma Gandhi. This man, through the power of belief, led a country to its independence not through violence, but through peace. His followers were not in thousands, but in millions. His millions of followers believed in their leaders vision because their leader believed in his own vision first.

When everyone was doubting the possibility of a mile run in 4 minutes, Roger Bannister was believing it can be done. He shocked the world when he did it under 4 minutes. Through his accomplishment, many have accomplished the one mile run in under 4 minutes since.

Believe and Achieve! Affirm that to yourself. “Believe and Achieve!” “Believe and Achieve” The reason people accomplished the one mile run in under 4 minutes after Roger Bannister, was because they saw a guy who did it, and they started to believe it can be done as well. People started to treat the 4 minute mile run as a normal event of life. No one thought back to the time when everyone thought it was impossible.

Napoleon Hill conducted 20+ years of research before writing “Think and Grow Rich.” In the process of his research, he had the opportunity to interview hundreds of millionaires and multi-millionaires. The information he received from those interviews, led him to write a chapter on the power of belief.

“JUST AS A MASTER MUSICIAN MAY CAUSE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL STRAINS OF MUSIC TO POUR FORTH FROM THE STRINGS OF A VIOLIN, SO MAY YOU AROUSE THE GENIUS WHICH LIES ASLEEP IN YOUR BRAIN, AND CAUSE IT TO DRIVE YOU UPWARD TO WHATEVER GOAL YOU MAY WISH TO ACHIEVE.” – NAPOLEON HILL
To have access to this genius which is inside of you, you need to change your mindset. Instead of telling yourself “it can’t be done,” say to yourself “it can be done.” Do you remember incidents in your life when you wanted to do something, but did not actually do it because you didn’t believe in yourself? Self-doubt is the ultimate motivational killer.

Do you still come across those situations? If so, here is what I suggest. Let’s say you want to become a software developer. But you are having doubts it can be done. The best way to kill that self-doubt is to research and find people who know how to develop software. Read their story. Don’t be surprised when you find people who were in harsher conditions than you are right now, but they didn’t let it stop them.

If someone who lived in a one bedroom apartment, broke, managed to become a multi-billionaire by developing a software, than what makes you any less than them? One of the reasons they became a multi-billionaire was due to the power of belief.

Millions of people drag themselves down to misery and poverty due to a lack of belief in themselves. The belief you hold about yourself will determine if you will live an abundance lifestyle 5, 10 years from now.

Belief can be compared to the foundation of a home. If a home is being built, and the foundation is wrong, plenty of things can go wrong. If you don’t believe you can Ace your final exam, you will eventually see it happen.

Tony Robbins speaks of reference legs in his book “Awaken the Giant Within.” He uses a table as a metaphor. The legs of the table are the reference legs for your belief. The more reference legs you have, the stronger your belief.

Successful people have reference legs that support their positive belief. If John has a belief that he can succeed at anything he does, he backs up that belief with past experiences that made him successful. An example of a reference leg he can create is remembering back to a time when he succeeded at something. The more powerful your reference leg, the stronger your belief.

The same can go for people who give up or don’t start at all. They made a false assumption that success just won’t happen. If you consider yourself in this state of belief, here is what you can do.

1. Get a pen and paper
  2. Write a belief you would like to have
  3. Go back to your childhood, past experiences, and remember times that can help support your belief.
  4. Write down as many possible. (The more reference legs, the stronger your belief)
The power is in your hands. It doesn’t come from outside, it comes from the inside. No one will make you successful. Sure, they could help you, but they can’t make you.

Unless your are born in a privileged family and you are guaranteed to receive a billion dollar inheritance, everything is on your shoulders. If you are born poor, it is not your fault. If you die poor, it is your fault.

I recently spoke with a woman about business. She had an interesting set of beliefs on business. One of them was that we need money to make money. The other was that we need to be extremely smart to become rich. The third one was security. She believed in order to survive in the United States of America, (the greatest country in the world that gives you every opportunity to become a millionaire) we need to go to school and get a good paying job.

I decided not speak my beliefs with her and tell her many examples of people who went from nothing to the richest on earth.

In closing, you don’t have to be extremely smart to become rich. You don’t need money to make money. You don’t need to go to school to live a life you dreamed of. To open your mind to endless possibilities, read personal development books.

Samuel Rosario

Coaching Member
I always hear Gary Vaynerchuk speaking about the fact of ''Self-awarness''. We must know ourselves deeply in order to know what we are capable of, you're gonna know your strength, your skills and also your flaws. That's gonna increase you self-confidence because you're gonna be sure of what you're capable of!.