How to Handle Loneliness

Laugh out loud, even there's nothing to laugh about. Yoga Laughter experts have proven that the brain cannot distinguish a genuine laughter from a fake one. I tried singing a song with all "ha,ha,ha" as its lyrics. After a minute of "ha,ha,ha", I found myself laughing - and it was a real laughter. So, a fake laughter stimulates a real laughter. Try it.
That actually triggered a real laughter from me.
I don't think it really helps cope with loneliness though, I think it's more of an escapist method, trying to hide from it instead of dealing with it.
That's just what I think.

Laugh out loud, even there's nothing to laugh about. Yoga Laughter experts have proven that the brain cannot distinguish a genuine laughter from a fake one. I tried singing a song with all "ha,ha,ha" as its lyrics. After a minute of "ha,ha,ha", I found myself laughing - and it was a real laughter. So, a fake laughter stimulates a real laughter. Try it.
Really? That seems like a cool advice! :)
I didn't know that. Maybe the only thing that mattered was physiologic laughing and doing so can also help us release, albeit little, amounts of hormones as well?

It's normal to be lonely, but it should only last for a day or two. Prolonged loneliness may lead to depression. It also aggravates heart disease. I remember that the American Psychiatric Association wanted to include "Loneliness" in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders which is to be published in May 2013, but they got a lot of objections. So, everybody should be happy...loneliness has not been considered a mental illness.

I love the idea of laughter to overcome loneliness, Bright Light! Laughter is wonderful medicine for all of our woes. I don't think we can ever have enough! In terms of loneliness, I think there is a real difference between being alone and being lonely. I'm generally quite contented with my own company. Loneliness to me is being estranged from who I really am (from god, from others). Even if I am alone, if I am open to the world, I am never lonely. I do believe that we all require real human contact and contact with nature. Turn off your TV, turn off your computer, get out and get connected.

I think the best way to fight this problem is to focus on the happy side of your life. I know, if you're lonely, you may seem to have none. So, I urge you to look at other's fortunes and success. Let this serve as an inspiration to you that you may want to have it, as well. In time, you will see the wonders that surrounds your life. Give it time.:)