How to find your passion?

MartinaK

Advisor Member
Hi everyone,

I was just reading your amazing posts and comments. I think most of you will agree that to pursue your own passion is one of the key how to successed. But how to find your passion? Most people have no idea what they want to do. And I was one of them. It took me a while to figure out. Many people just follow others...go to Uni, get a job and suddenly are in a rat race like many others.
What is your story? Tip or advise for others?

Sadequr Rohman

I highly recommend you a book by Cal Newport called So Good they can't ignore you.

In this he books he talks about this notion of finding your passion and how it doesn't work. And even if you have passions in your life it may not be Career relevant for you. For instance, I could love swimming but might not want to be a professional swimmer or I could love reading but it might not be entirely relevant to an occupation. It's all about finding a skill your interested and doing this skill enough to allow you to become better which will turn into a passion. For instance, I love personal development so I decided to do NLP. I stumbled across coaching. Wasn't very good at first but after hours and hours of practise I became very good at it.i hope this helps!

MartinaK

Advisor Member
Thank you so much for your tip. I found my passion although it took a while. But definitely will check this book.

Francis Sabutey

Passion without purpose will get you nowhere!
There is a great link between passion, talents and purpose.
Talents deals with what you do, passion deals with where you do it and purpose deals with why you do it!
For example: My purpose in life is to help people to find their life purpose, maximize their potential and achieve their dreams.
Based on my purpose and mission in life, I found my true profession(relates to my talent) as coaching and my passion as life coaching!
Check out livingpurposeschool.com to find your life purpose and apssion!