How to figure out what to do in life

WHSharon

Hello, I'm a 20 years old Italian girl and, at this point in my life, I need to create my own path, figure out what my "dream job" is and set a long-term goal to follow.
I really can't answer to the question "How do you see yourself in 10 years?", 'cause I have too many and confusing ideas, and I'm trying so hard to clear the blurry image I have in my mind.
Any tips?

Pridestalker

Don't worry much about that, we as humans tend to love many things, and nothing would full fill our greed x), sorry for starting a bit harshly, also you may say I don't find what I want and i can't envisage myself 10 years after, Don't worry that is the case for the majority 90% of people and it is just so fine, the best answer I could give you is : Clarity comes through the process of exploring, So just don't think much about it explore more, try things, invest in knowledge, read and find out, EXPLORE, TRY, you are still 20, a young flower, and don't dig deep in this PASSION THING, cause you won't wait your whole life waiting for that, try to find what you find yourself good at partly, or what you want to be good at, and try to invest in reading, giving time to try things and step by step process, and persist, if we want to full fill many buckets at once we end up full filling none.
and be PATIENT, don't make pressure on yourself by seeing others where they are, what they achieved, don't care, don't make that make you look down on you, cause before they arrived there, they have sacrificed much and put much work, and don't care, work on your things, and every time believe and believe more in ''I WILL MAKE IT, THAT WILL COME''.

MoreSuccess

Senior Advisor
Staff member
It's nice to have longer-term goals but only if we are willing to change them as our life progresses. You can be your own worst enemy if you have the attitude of "it's decided and I'm committed". If I had kept my original goal, I'd have been in a different career that I think I'd have enjoyed much less. New information and interests come along in life all the time. Sometimes it's of value to just jump into something that seems exciting to you, and become an expert in it and things that surround it. You learn if you like it, and it often opens up new doors in the process.

WHSharon

Thank you guys, your advice was really helpful. Currently, I'm studying at university and I think I'll take advantage of the next years to develop my education and skills in the fields I like the most (right now, besides the exams, I'm studying English, Digital Marketing and Communication), hoping I'll have my "epiphany" during the process! Thank again!

denydritz

Coaching Member
hoping I'll have my "epiphany" during the process! Thank again!
Simon Sinek's book "Start With Why" can help you fast track that epiphany :) It can help you find your WHY and see that the many and confusing ideas you have may all come from one source - your passion.

If you don't know your passion, the things you do can be blurry and not connect with each other. But after reading Simon's book and defining your passion, you can see how they connect and how you can use it to become what you want in 10 years.