How to develop patience?

radascars

Advisor Member
To develop patience, look at the other side of the situation. Situation: The children are very noisy. Now, look at the brighter side to it: The children are very noisy because they are happy. I should join them, and surely I'll get myself a good laugh.
I agree with with you, before complaining or falling out of patience you must think first of the positive side and do enjoy it instead of making yourself pissed. :)

zararina

Coaching Member
Hi, maybe try to be with them more often. We all become children so we know that sometimes it was just normal for us to be stubborn and do things that old people would not love us doing. :D
Learning to understand them and love them more could bring you more patience. There is no harm in trying. ;)

vest007

I always listen to what others say. When there is a conversation or argument about anything, I always give the person who is talking to me the chance to speak first. I believe only f you are a patient listener, others will listen to you. If you ignore others, then everyone else will also ignore you.

speedy

Advisor Member
To develop patience, look at the other side of the situation. Situation: The children are very noisy. Now, look at the brighter side to it: The children are very noisy because they are happy. I should join them, and surely I'll get myself a good laugh.
Yes, I agreed with you. Children are noisy because they are happy and that's the one thing I like about them. Seems, they don't have problem at all and as long as they are playing and eat they are happy then. I love children, though sometimes it seems that I will be having a heart especially when all of them wants to climb and ride on my back every time we play.

From my own experience:
To understand the key to patience you must understand the key to impatience, and impatience generally comes from a lack of inner peace. This lack of inner peace typically comes from core beliefs that tell you that there is something wrong in the current situation you are in if you show patience.

For example, a common source of impatience comes from a societal belief that people are only valuable if they are being productive. As a result, many people wind up with a fear of being under productive, and will not feel comfortable sitting idle or waiting for long periods where they feel like they aren't doing anything to add to that productivity and thus their personal value.

In your case, you specifically discuss children as a source of impatience. It would be reasonably logical to assume that you feel some sort of inner turmoil when interacting with kids or at least these kids in particular. My first question to you, to ask yourself is what is it about these kids that make you feel flustered, bothered, impatient, etc.

AmazingP

Advisor Member
It is never easy to develop patience especially with people who have already their character ingrained in their being. Getting angry fast can be your automatic response to various stimulus. I think one way to inject more patience into your character is enrolling in a meditation course. Believe me, I once tried meditation and I started to see things in a different and better perspective.

Matt

The best thing would be just to breath. Calm yourself down before you get too angry. Breathing can really calm you down.