How to deal with long distance relationship advice

J

James Brown

Many people believe that long distance relationships are never going to work out. Your family may discourage it, and some of your best friends may advise you not to take it too seriously, in case you get your heart broken. [link removed by mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Todd Hicks

Senior Advisor
I read the article you linked to. My advice for aspiring couples is to 1) discuss your plans for relocating before committing to each other long term and 2) if you two are already married when one of you must relocate, it is crucial to be accommodating and do your best to relocate together.

J

James Brown

It's very kind of you to go through it even you want more tips on it go through here [link removed by mod, refer readers to your signature block]

Erica Faith

Coaching Member
My husband currently employs a family friend of ours. He's Asian and his family lives overseas. He's been married for 4 years. I've met his wife through video chat and it's obvious that they miss each other fiercely. I think he goes home every 2-3 years for a vacation.

There are just some people who are cut out for that situation. Trust and commitment goes a long way with relationships like these.

L

LolaRoge

Oh, I can't help!
I "fell into the same trap" myself:cry:
Let's to listen my story
I’m not such a good typist, but my new boyfriend is perfect master in this field
Find him in the Internet
it’s so amazing, we met each other on the typing high scores table [advertising removed by admin]
He invited me to arrange typing battle, good luck to me!
Type, love and be happy:love::love::love:

Kezzielee

Im facing this same issue, met the perfect person only to find out they were immigrating. he has left now and i want a long distance relationship and he doesnt saying they never work. i feel like we could make it work if we wanted to. I do eventually want to move to the country he is in now, which was a plan of mine even before we met so its hard for me to understand his reasons. strange thing is we talk every day for hours so it kind of already has become a LDR but he would never admit it. i wonder if there is any point in me keeping in contact with him or not....