How to build quality relationships

Quality Relationships

Have you ever had a friend, or dated someone who ended up being a total jerk? Or perhaps you’ve been the person who was the total jerk in the relationship...We’ve all experienced this in some way or another, and you will continue to experience this during your life unless you learn and apply these simple principles.

The real quality of your life does not lie with material possessions, but in the quality of the relationships with the people you have in your life.

Here are a few easy tips to remember for creating better relationships in your life:

• Give without expecting anything in return and love without expecting any love in return. I know it might sound crazy right now but try it. Too many people enter a relationship in order to get something rather than give.

• Listen with the intent to understand, not with the intent to reply.

• Build bridges not walls. Sometimes it can be hard to let your guard down, maybe you have old-negative energy and memories of pain attached to an old relationship and you’re worried about that happening again in a new relationship. If this is you, it is time to stop replaying those old stories in your head and allowing yourself to experience that old-negative energy (pain) over and over. Throw that story away...it no longer serves you, it’s in the past and it’s detrimental to your future success to move forward while looking backward. You wouldn’t drive your car forward, while looking in the rearview mirror, would you? Focus on the new stories and experiences you will create. Let that empower you.

• Control what you focus on. If you focus on something hard enough, you will find it, or at the very least...your brain will convince you that you’ve found what you were looking for. Focus on all the good qualities in people, and do not criticize anyone. A lot of this control in focus comes from the questions you ask...so ask good questions to guide you to what you want to focus on. (i.e. What about this person do I respect, like and enjoy?)

• Take care of you first. You have to be selfish, in order to be the best you that you can be. Begin to practice the discipline of self-mastery, which is the never-ending journey towards always improving yourself in every area of your life (health, mind, body, spirit, finance, relationships, and so forth). Once you begin to practice self-mastery, not only will you experience a higher quality of your life, but also things will seemingly begin to fall into place for you.

“Never idealize others. They will never live up to your expectations. Don’t over-analyze your relationships. Stop playing games. A growing relationship can only be nurtured by genuineness.”
​ ~ Leo F. Buscaglia

narmeen

Hi Leo,

This is very inspiring. You are right, sometimes we are the jerks and we do not realize it until it is too late!

My favorite point you made was to listen with the intent of understanding not replying..if we understand we will be better able to help others.

Thanks for this!

Narmeen

Best_Catcher2016

Very good list.
Here is my 10 ways to boost you relationship. Hope you like it!! :)

1. Try Something New
2. Show That You Care with the Small Things
3. Reinvent Date Night
4. Be Specific and Obvious by what Turns You On
5. Spice Up Your Sex Life
6. Flirt Like You’re a Teen
7. Discuss Your Future
8. Plan an Exciting Weekend Get Away
9. Surprise Him/Her at the office
10. Have Spontaneous Sex (More Frequently)

Read the full article at http://www.bestcatcher.com/happiness/10-ways-to-boost-your-relationship/
Visit our website for more details about self help and self improvement http://www.bestcatcher.com