How To Be Happy 24/7

flad264

One thing that I have noticed is that lots and lots of people are becoming more and more unhappy every single day and this is something that should not be happening. I have realized this from speaking to a friend the other day and she was asking me how I manged to be happy most of the time.

Here are a few things that I shared with her the first thing I told her is that I always choose to focus on the positive things in my life. Every morning when I wake up I like to thank God for life and my family. I take a moment to sit and reflect on the things in my life that I am absolutely happy to have. After I have taken sometime to go through those things I sit and I smile for about 2 minutes. The thing I have noticed is that even when you are upset once you smile its like your brain cant help but switch gears.

Another thing that allows me to feel happiness within my body on a daily bassi is to realize that things that happen around me can only affect me if I allow them to. Something or someone can only make you feel a certain way once you allow them to. If you never allow them to make you feel bad then they can never control how you are feeling emotionally. I was once asked by a co-worker how can I put up with my supervisor and the answer I gave her was very simple I just never take anything that she says to me personally.

The thing is people can only affect you like I said before once you allow them to, if you never allow them to then they have no effect on you and you life.

One more thing that I do and that I recommend that you try to incorporate into your daily life is taking the time to meditate. Meditation can go a long way and I don't mean those eastern meditation of going to the moon in your soul and back I mean simply sitting quietly and breathing in and out and counting your breaths. If you do this everyday you would slowly begin to realize yourself starting to gain control over your thoughts and when you gain control over your thoughts you would realize that there is hardly anything in your day to day life that can affect you.

I want you to promise yourself right now that from this day forward that you would make a effort to remain happy no matter what comes your way in life.

Thanks For Reading!

Feedback Welcomed!

Raj Chettri

Yep, I am doing meditation since class 9 and at present I can do upto 20 minutes(today I gad done it) by counting my breath and reached 500 times it was awesome somewhere in the middle I feel like flying in 0 gravity while doing meditation.
And since I have found my passion and purpose and made my mind to follow it I feel really happy, I don't feel any pressure.

Greatest secret of being happy is you be able to avoid stress and pressure.

MoreSuccess

Senior Advisor
Staff member
Great advice flad264. Some of these I do, and some I don't do enough of, so thanks for the reminder! I meditated last night, it has been awhile and went very well.

I really like your point of "Something or someone can only make you feel a certain way once you allow them to. ". Being able to do that most of the time has helped me tremendously in life. It's simple in hindsight, you just have to come to realize that people don't make you feel a certain way, you choose to react to them that way. Every time you let someone else dictate your feelings, you are giving them power over you.

I like to focus my meditations on really being in the "now". Avoid thinking about the past or the future, just find the "beingness" and connection to spirit in whatever way one is comfortable with. I think this relates directly to the above point, you can only be happy if you are able to find happiness within, and not have it dependent on reaching some goal where you get momentary pleasure.

flad264

At first you wouldn't believe that I used to think that meditating was crazy because I kept thinking that it was the type of meditation where you sit for hours and hours just saying oooommmmmmm but then I realized from a close friend of mine that it literally has nothing to do with that and that all you have to do is sit and breathe in and out while counting your breathes and at the same time taking note of your thoughts and trying to clear your mind as much as possible.

Raj Chettri

Yes it's awesome to meditate you can gain self control and see your thoughts.

John Beck.

One thing that I have noticed is that lots and lots of people are becoming more and more unhappy every single day and this is something that should not be happening. I have realized this from speaking to a friend the other day and she was asking me how I manged to be happy most of the time.

Here are a few things that I shared with her the first thing I told her is that I always choose to focus on the positive things in my life. Every morning when I wake up I like to thank God for life and my family. I take a moment to sit and reflect on the things in my life that I am absolutely happy to have. After I have taken sometime to go through those things I sit and I smile for about 2 minutes. The thing I have noticed is that even when you are upset once you smile its like your brain cant help but switch gears.

Another thing that allows me to feel happiness within my body on a daily bassi is to realize that things that happen around me can only affect me if I allow them to. Something or someone can only make you feel a certain way once you allow them to. If you never allow them to make you feel bad then they can never control how you are feeling emotionally. I was once asked by a co-worker how can I put up with my supervisor and the answer I gave her was very simple I just never take anything that she says to me personally.

The thing is people can only affect you like I said before once you allow them to, if you never allow them to then they have no effect on you and you life.

One more thing that I do and that I recommend that you try to incorporate into your daily life is taking the time to meditate. Meditation can go a long way and I don't mean those eastern meditation of going to the moon in your soul and back I mean simply sitting quietly and breathing in and out and counting your breaths. If you do this everyday you would slowly begin to realize yourself starting to gain control over your thoughts and when you gain control over your thoughts you would realize that there is hardly anything in your day to day life that can affect you.

I want you to promise yourself right now that from this day forward that you would make a effort to remain happy no matter what comes your way in life.

Thanks For Reading!

Feedback Welcomed!

I find meditation to be very helpful at bed time to help calm an over active mind and improve sleep.

Charles Franklin

Advisor Member
I have a different response to this comment compared to a few years ago. While I still strive to remain happy, I realize that life is not always (nor will it ever be) happy 24/7, at least on Earth. There will be sad times, horribly sad times, and times you won't feel like you can go on at all. Still, those moments won't last. You will get to a better place (or at least a different place in life) because of the principle of change in our universe.

While I agree that we should try to be as happy as we can be. I realize that we need the sad times as well. I hate to use cliche but "You can't appreciate the rainbow without going through the rain".