How Strong Is Your Faith?

Girl'vivalist Meg

I believe that my faith is strong but at the same time I don't believe that my confidence in myself when it comes to relying on my faith is. I know that is sort of an odd answer but I view my faith as something personal to my own views where as my reliance on that faith in difficult situations tends to vary depending on the situation I am in.

rose banks

Who could ever prove that one's faith is strong? Only Jesus proven himself of having a strong faith to his father in fact even saints sometimes question God and lose his faith but why do they become saints? It's because when faith lost they cling to God and have Him guide their ways, and struggle to look away from temptations.

alexbinaaci

Funny, but am actually having difficulty to respond to my own question. I know that I believe in God. I know that He is my strength. But how strong is my faith, really? I don't know.

How about you, try to truthfully answer this question?
If anyone want to have strong faith in God try to read and understand Bhagvat Gita.

I believe there is a supernatural higher power, which I guess you can call "God". I don't use the term "God", though.. Simply because it's largely abused. I'm not tied to any particular religion. I guess I'm an agnostic. As for how strong my faith is... I'm not too sure. I never pray. I just believe in existence of a higher power, and that's it. I've stopped thinking about "God" and stuff, because I kinda got tired of it. Now, I just focus on trying to live my life to the fullest and try maintaining a happy life. That's all that matters to me. As for faith in God.. I don't really care anymore. I've gotten indifferent to religions.

A couple of questions that i hope will entertain you. Since you believe in a supernatural higher power, what do you think it might be like to be in touch with that being and have intimate personal relationship with Him and actually see miracles in your life? Do you believe that your spirit/soul will live eternally and if so, do you believe you will have relationship with this being once you pass on from this life? If yes, do you believe it is possible to begin this relationship now and get a head start ? : ). What if a supernatural being is real but it was always about us having intimate personal relationship with this being and we were never supposed to make it about joining a formal organization and sitting under the authority of men? Thank you and blessings.

Comparing Earth with Solar System, we feel we're SO small..Compare Solar System with our galaxy and we feel the solar system is SO small..And now, compare the galaxy with the Universe.. (which has billions of galaxies!).. we feel our galaxy is SO small.. See where I'm going?
Yes and i also love to look inside the cell where we see a billion intricately precision designed molecular nano machines, factories, repair facilities, fuel refineries, transportation networks, missile defense systems, etc... within the 100 trillion or so cells within our bodies. Each cell is literally like it's own little world of interactive nano technology, each non living substance within the cell knowing exactly what to do. The immensely complex dna instructions which include blueprints for all proteins that the cell manufactures (within another nano factory) is another stunning attribute of life which points overwhelmingly to an extraordinarily intelligent designer. By contrast, the mechanism of natural selection through genetic mutation which is unable to foresee or plan and has no intelligence whatsoever, and can only select from what is already contained within the genome does not have the capacity to precision design a cell that is a trillion times more sophisticated than a space shuttle. Universal constants is another fascinating thing to look at, any one of 100 razor's edge aspects of the universe being different eliminates the possibility of life even existing. It is blatantly obvious we have been placed here and mathematicians have calculated to odds of life arising all on its own in nature to be something like a trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion to one. In other words, no chance at all. Myself i want to know and have relationship with this amazing creator!

Thank you for a long and very well said explanation, I agree with you in certain things. I am a Catholic but non-practicing, I believe in God but I don't believe the teachings of the church about God as they are just human understandings as well.

To see is to believe... :)

Yes my friend, "big church" has definitely messed things up, but this does not detract from who the God of all creation actually is. Blessings!

I believe that every single one of us can open ourselves directly to our creator, if we set aside notions and expectations that have for the most part been put in our heads by organized religion.
Very good mistylake. I completely agree with this! Too many impure motives and false interpretations interjected into mainstream religion along the way, but God remains pure. There is a tendency in religion towards the same pharisaism that the Lord Jesus was confronted with, but it has always been about cultivating intimate personal relationship with the Living God, not about joining a religious organization, placing yourself under the authority of men and paying dues.

Oftentimes, I find my true self when I'm closer to Him. Prayer doesn't need to be formal Cecil. You can talk to Him anytime you'd like. It's the faith that keeps us strong. It's not really so much as the communion rites or simply going to masses.:rolleyes:

So true Cecil. One way to feel His beautiful presence is to sit in stillness and silence, connecting our hearts to His in love and focusing into the seat of our emotions which is in our abdomen, embracing what is there. allowing it to intensify and sharing it with the Lord as prayer. Blessings.