How Strong Is Your Faith?

beingwell

Funny, but am actually having difficulty to respond to my own question. I know that I believe in God. I know that He is my strength. But how strong is my faith, really? I don't know.

How about you, try to truthfully answer this question?

radascars

Advisor Member
I am a non-practicing Catholic, I believe in God but I don't believe the practice of our church today as they misleading most of their constituent.

I have my faith intact with God with my own simple way.

speedy

Advisor Member
Funny, but am actually having difficulty to respond to my own question. I know that I believe in God. I know that He is my strength. But how strong is my faith, really? I don't know.

This is a great question and I will definitely you my honest answer. The Bible defines Faith, as the substance of the things HOPE for and EVIDENCE of the things NOT SEEN. Most of my life, I lived by Faith. There are many instances in my life that everything happened through faith in God. My parents separated when I was 4. I always crying at night thinking that my father leave me at a very young age but Jesus is my comfort. I acknowledge Him as my Heavenly father and I live by having faith in Him since that time and every thing I do, I consulted Him. People may think that I am crazy but I am always meditating and talking to God through my prayers and meditation. If there is a thing that seems impossible but I really needs do it is faith that makes me through it. Faith is really vital in my life as I grew up.

moneymakingmom

Coaching Member
I think my faith is very strong. I have been in many situations over the years that required faith and prayer to come through. Prayer and faith has not failed me. God has not failed me. Without my faith, I'm no good to anyone. Everyone needs a solid core, a center around which their life is based and for me that would be faith.

AmazingP

Advisor Member

I think we are on the same boat. We believe in the existence of an authoritative higher Being but we are not so sure if our faith is really strong enough for Him. In the face of the storms and uncertainties, that is when our faith will be tested and will be known.

Cecil Estrera

You know this issue really makes me cry. I feel emotional every time this topic comes to me for I've neglected my duty to Him since I got married. I'm not active at our religion anymore. But I'm hoping to be as active as before. I used to have strong faith since I was a child and I'll make sure I'll have it again.

Thorium

I believe there is a supernatural higher power, which I guess you can call "God". I don't use the term "God", though.. Simply because it's largely abused. I'm not tied to any particular religion. I guess I'm an agnostic. As for how strong my faith is... I'm not too sure. I never pray. I just believe in existence of a higher power, and that's it. I've stopped thinking about "God" and stuff, because I kinda got tired of it. Now, I just focus on trying to live my life to the fullest and try maintaining a happy life. That's all that matters to me. As for faith in God.. I don't really care anymore. I've gotten indifferent to religions.

radascars

Advisor Member
I believe there is a supernatural higher power, which I guess you can call "God". I don't use the term "God", though.. Simply because it's largely abused. I'm not tied to any particular religion. I guess I'm an agnostic. As for how strong my faith is... I'm not too sure. I never pray. I just believe in existence of a higher power, and that's it. I've stopped thinking about "God" and stuff, because I kinda got tired of it. Now, I just focus on trying to live my life to the fullest and try maintaining a happy life. That's all that matters to me. As for faith in God.. I don't really care anymore. I've gotten indifferent to religions.
What are your reasons why you tend not to have faith with God anymore aside from the fact that you got tired and indifferent to religions?

Thorium

What are your reasons why you tend not to have faith with God anymore aside from the fact that you got tired and indifferent to religions?
That is a good question. Lemme magnify my point there. You see, I've started feeling that some of the mysteries of Universe simply can't be solved by us humans. I mean, look at Earth.. Comparing Earth with Solar System, we feel we're SO small..Compare Solar System with our galaxy and we feel the solar system is SO small..And now, compare the galaxy with the Universe.. (which has billions of galaxies!).. we feel our galaxy is SO small.. See where I'm going? I just feel the Universe is too intensely large and we aren't even 0.0000000000000001% of the whole Universe. How are our small minds supposed to solve the extremely perplexing mysteries of Universe (like whether a "God" created the Universe or what the heck happened).. We have intellect, but who are we kidding? We merely daydream and form our own theories and stick to them, and well..that gives us satisfaction I suppose.

Anyway, I do not mean to say that religious people have "wrong" beliefs or anything. I respect every belief. Because of what I said above, we can never really (at least not in this present world) reach a definite conclusion about things like "God".. So, thinking about things like how the Universe came into being, etc, and thinking about religious issues - I start feeling like I'm wasting my time and forming and satisfying myself with illusions.. I feel I'm trying to satisfy myself with things I can't even control in the ACTUAL real world. Because of that, I just focus on the "real" world now. I know what gives me happiness - being surrounded by people and things I love. That's what I aim at now, and it keeps me happy. I may be spiritually unwise, but frankly? I'm content when I live my life with the things I love..And these are the things that are IN MY CONTROL. Isn't that what we all want??

radascars

Advisor Member
Thank you for a long and very well said explanation, I agree with you in certain things. I am a Catholic but non-practicing, I believe in God but I don't believe the teachings of the church about God as they are just human understandings as well.

To see is to believe... :)

mistylake

I agree radascars, all religions are created and operated by humans. They had a foundation from a true spiritual seeker who communicated with the divine, however how can their messages not be influenced by man? It's unfortunate that the rituals developed by man can sometimes deter people from a true spiritual pursuit. If God exists, would he restrict his communications only to a few? So many assume that God is done communicating with people directly, and dismiss things like channeling as new age fluff. I believe that every single one of us can open ourselves directly to our creator, if we set aside notions and expectations that have for the most part been put in our heads by organized religion.

radascars

Advisor Member
I agree radascars, all religions are created and operated by humans. They had a foundation from a true spiritual seeker who communicated with the divine, however how can their messages not be influenced by man? It's unfortunate that the rituals developed by man can sometimes deter people from a true spiritual pursuit. If God exists, would he restrict his communications only to a few? So many assume that God is done communicating with people directly, and dismiss things like channeling as new age fluff. I believe that every single one of us can open ourselves directly to our creator, if we set aside notions and expectations that have for the most part been put in our heads by organized religion.
You made an excellent point! I really don't understand why people tend to believe such practice in the church. Don't get me wrong about priests or nuns I am not against them but the fact that most of the times its just being them advising to people's problem. It is not God, they are just humans too. If you wanted to talk to God you can pray and stay faithful even though you are not regularly attending mass every week.

beingwell

You know this issue really makes me cry. I feel emotional every time this topic comes to me for I've neglected my duty to Him since I got married. I'm not active at our religion anymore. But I'm hoping to be as active as before. I used to have strong faith since I was a child and I'll make sure I'll have it again.
Oftentimes, I find my true self when I'm closer to Him. Prayer doesn't need to be formal Cecil. You can talk to Him anytime you'd like. It's the faith that keeps us strong. It's not really so much as the communion rites or simply going to masses.:rolleyes:

beingwell

Thank you for a long and very well said explanation, I agree with you in certain things. I am a Catholic but non-practicing, I believe in God but I don't believe the teachings of the church about God as they are just human understandings as well.

To see is to believe... :)
"To see is to believe" is an overstatement. Do you see air? Do you see the atoms that composes your body? You don't see it yet you are real, aren't you rad? Or how about a more practical example. Do you see the bandwidth of your internet connection? I don't but I definitely believe it is there for me.

We are talking about faith; not just the practices in our religions, no matter what religion we are actually in.

radascars

Advisor Member
"To see is to believe" is an overstatement. Do you see air? Do you see the atoms that composes your body? You don't see it yet you are real, aren't you rad? Or how about a more practical example. Do you see the bandwidth of your internet connection? I don't but I definitely believe it is there for me.

We are talking about faith; not just the practices in our religions, no matter what religion we are actually in.
You are seem right, I guess its an overstatement but in my views I really do believe him. When you look widely in our country you see that religious groups sometimes prevent some issues.

I really don't like the way our religion take over our Government. :) I can't really say much as I don't have any words to say :)

Cecil Estrera

Oftentimes, I find my true self when I'm closer to Him. Prayer doesn't need to be formal Cecil. You can talk to Him anytime you'd like. It's the faith that keeps us strong. It's not really so much as the communion rites or simply going to masses.:rolleyes:
Yes right sis. But there are times when I am too tired that I forget to pray. But my faith is strong, I must say.
It's the only thing that comforts you when all else fails.

francrislee

NO ONE and NOTHING can really measure how deep your faith is. As long you know you believe in God and you pay respect to Him or to whom you devote everything, only you can know how profound your faith is to your creator.

zararina

Coaching Member
I strongly believe in God and his love for all of His creations. I may not be that religious person like others who seems to be following every rituals or anything as per the churches teachings, but i know my faith in God is strong and i am trying my best to do what is right and according to His will.

francrislee

I strongly believe in God and his love for all of His creations. I may not be that religious person like others who seems to be following every rituals or anything as per the churches teachings, but i know my faith in God is strong and i am trying my best to do what is right and according to His will.
As long as you know that you're on the right track and as long as you feel you're blessed by God then faith is really in you. You may not be a ritual 'fanatic' nor an 'avid' church goer, but God knows you have faith in HIM, that's why you're being blessed. Have a nice day Ms. Zararina. :)

zararina

Coaching Member
As long as you know that you're on the right track and as long as you feel you're blessed by God then faith is really in you. You may not be a ritual 'fanatic' nor an 'avid' church goer, but God knows you have faith in HIM, that's why you're being blessed. Have a nice day Ms. Zararina. :)
Thanks Francrislee. God bless you. :)
Yes, i believe that feeling being blessed is one strong proof of being a believer of God. He is in our hearts so no matter where we are, we could talk with Him through prayers.