How Much Eggs Is Just Ok

beingwell

What's the limit on eating eggs? I cook them often from breakfast. I think we're having eggs 3-4 times a week. And that's because I've read in a Yahoo! article that eggs are not really bad for you. Plus we do exercise regularly anyway, so I was thinking we're doing fine.

But I'd like to get your inputs. You think we're having too much or just enough? Do you regularly eat eggs?

radascars

Advisor Member
If you have a history of hypertension, high blood pressure in layman's term you can't eat more than 4 eggs at a time for it will just make your blood pressure increase! And just a trivia, did you know that one quail egg is equivalent to 4-6 eggs already? :D

Contemptus

If you work out very regularly, I would say that 1-2 eggs a day is good. Eggs are a very good and cheap source of protein and it helps your body if you work out often. To be honest, I've never heard about any limit on the intake of eggs, but in my opinion you should definitely refrain from eating too much eggs if you have a history of health problems (high cholesterol, high blood pressure etc.).

Cecil Estrera

I eat eggs almost everyday and I don't know if it's just enough for my body or it's too much. I am thinking of having my cholesterol level checked, for I think I eat fatty foods too often.

moneymakingmom

If you have a history of hypertension, high blood pressure in layman's term you can't eat more than 4 eggs at a time for it will just make your blood pressure increase! And just a trivia, did you know that one quail egg is equivalent to 4-6 eggs already? :D
Actually, I didn't know that! Though we don't have quail eggs in our area. Have you ever seen an ostrich or Emu egg? Those things are huge. When you mentioned the quail egg, it made me think of the big bird eggs and how much sodium they must have. From what I've heard, chefs in fancy restaurants love using those emu and ostrich eggs cause they are considered a luxury.

radascars

Advisor Member
I never seen one in real life but I do know how large an ostrich egg is. Is it really expensive?

Quail eggs in our country is popular as a street food, its delicious at some point but you can't be sure if its clean or not. :(

moneymakingmom

Right, street food! They have that here too, mostly small vendors. Lots of people say the hotdogs from New York City food vendors are very delicious. But, you do wonder how sanitary that hotdog water really is. As the vendor is opening the hatch to fish out a hotdog, a fly or bug could easily sail in and marinade there. I'm not trying to be distasteful, but it is a real possibility that something could get into the food before it's served in that setting. I don't live in NYC, but we do live close enough to the beach here in the South (US) and they have some food vendors. Sometimes, I might buy a pastry or pretzel cause it's a baked food, less chance of spoilage. But, I would hesitate over a meat or egg product being sold in the open air that way by a vendor.

moon

Well it depends on your lifestyle and diet but the 1 egg a day is safe unless you are predisposed with heart problems or being overweight.

Sports people tend to eat more eggs because it is packed with energy but for normal people like you and me, 1 egg a day is fine.

iebo

I often eat omlettes containing six eggs or so. Its a cheap healthy food so I eat them all the time. Sometimes I eat them soft-boiled as well, since its so quick to make.

vest007

Eggs contain a lot of cholesterol. Especially the yellowish egg yolk. If you are having hypertension or some other dietary diseases, then I would advice you to completely avoid taking eggs. The egg white, on the other hand is quite nutritious.

AmazingP

Advisor Member
Quail eggs are delicious and also good for cooking different dishes. I am not actually aware that it is equivalent to at least 4 chicken eggs. Eggs can be good source of protein and other nutrients, however it also has cholesterol which can be bad for people who have some health challenges. The general consensus in the medical community is around 4 eggs per week but I think for children the allowed pieces can be higher. By the way, the best way to cook an egg is through boiling and never frying...it is because hard boiled egg never completely lose lecithin which is what will supposedly counteract the bad cholesterol content.