Habits101

Unsuccessful people say three types of things; I don’t know how to do that. So they stop. I don’t have those things. Or I’m not like those people. So they stop. I’m not like that. So they stop.

Unsuccessful people keep stopping, when they think of what they currently know, have or are.

Whereas, successful people say I want to do that, but I don’t know how, and instead of stopping they say, then my job is to learn that. They take their current limitation and put it on their agenda as a job to do, as a thing to figure out. Instead of saying, I don’t have that. They say then my job is to build that. Or, I’m not like that then they say my job is to become more of that, become that person who could accomplish those things.

Two things are going to change your life. Something new is going to come into your life and make you lucky and blessed. Maybe you can’t count on that forever, maybe now instead, if you want to change and want your dream, then something new has to come from you.

Don’t think about the things of; I don’t know how to do that, stop and think, I don’t know how and then set it up on your calendar to learn those things. I don’t have that. Then set it up to build that. I’m not like that. Then set it up step-by-step to develop the skill sets so you can achieve your dream.

The first step to success is just to start. Most people over analyze and have a perfectionist mentality. You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great. It's about progress, not perfection.

The only limitations someone has in their mind. It's your insecurities about your past that are holding you back.

Most people overestimate what they can do in one year and underestimate what they can do in ten years. When things go well people think is going to be well forever. When things go bad, they think is going to go forever.

You have to break the hypnosis of the culture that tells you to settle for the less than you could be, that tells you not to get your hopes up, that you should protect you, that tells you your life can't be what dreamt about as a child. As long as you buy what most people and you'll be like the majority of the population who have no advantage and have to settle for a life where they're not happy but they're not unhappy enough to do something about it.

A life where there is no passion and no real drive and not a sense of a meaningful life or real purpose but you have to continue.

Average sucks. Find out where the massive is going and go a different direction, your chances are better. Find out what poor people read and don't read it.

There's maximum profit and opportunity in maximum fear and pessimism.
Whatever you face you have to:

1. See as it is. But not worst than it is.

2. See better than it is. Have a compelling vision.

3. Make the way you see it. Develop a plan. Model someone who already has the results you want or have passed through challenges you're through right now.

Ask lousy questions; you get lousy answers.

Losers Questions - "Why this always happen to me?"
Winners Questions - "What's the opportunity here? How can I use this? What could be great about this if I wanted to be great?"

What questions do you ask yourself?

Why CAN'T I do this?
Vs.
How can I make this work?

Why this always happens to me?
Vs.
What CAN I do to help change this?

How can they do this to me?
Vs.
How CAN I use this?

I can't afford it.
Vs.
How can I afford it?

What's WRONG with me and my life?
Vs.
What am I GRATEFUL for?

Want a better life? Ask better questions!

If you ask different a question, not once, but continually, you'll get a different answer. If you ask a lousy question, you'll get a lousy answer and state.

"Why this ALWAYS happen to me?"
- It doesn't ALWAYS happen to you. But the brain is like a computer. Ask a question; it'll have to come up with an answer.

"How come I can NEVER lose weight?"
- You CAN lose weight. But if you ask yourself that question your brain will have to come up with an answer.

Lousy questions create answers. Ask a better question; you get a better answer.

Whatever you focus on you're going to feel. And the way to control your focus is through questions.

Nothing in life has any meaning besides the meaning you give it, and it's up to you to choose empowering or disempowering meanings. When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Success and failure aren't some overnight events. It comes from the little decisions you make every single day.

Should I...?
  • play video games and watch tv or work on my business?
  • eat salad or junk food?
  • wake up early or sleep in?
  • complain and be a victim or look for a solution?

If there is an area of your life that isn’t working for you, take a good look at the rituals that are supporting that area of your life because it’s very likely there are actions you're taking that are holding you back.

What are the bad habits that are holding you back?

3 Decisions of Destiny:

1) What am I going to focus on?

Whatever you focus on, you feel even if it's not true or real.

Do you focus on...?
  • what you can control, or can’t control?
  • the past, present or the future?
  • what you have or what's missing in your life?

Are you going to focus on...?
  • the challenges or opportunities?
  • the solution or the problem?

2) What this it mean?

Meaning = Emotion = Life.
  • Is this the end or the beginning?
  • Are you being punished or rewarded?
  • Is this a challenging, opportunity or crisis?
  • Is this person teasing me or being disrespectful?
  • Is this a challenge or a gift?

Another word for meaning is your story. We come up with stories, or disempowering meanings, that control our lives. These stories are what prevents us from taking action or making progress in certain areas. You must become a master of meaning and learn to find the good in every situation and come up with more empowering meanings for the events of your life.

3) What am I going to do?
  • Are you going to give up or move forward?

The meaning you create will usually determine what you're going to do at the moment. Your meaning creates a certain state, and your state controls your behavior.

Most people live their lives doing the exact thing every single day. They go to work; go to school then they come home and play video games, or they watch TV or sit in front of the computer all day, or they jack off. Most people don't have the courage to choose a different path and to do something fun, exciting and new.

Most people don't have what they want because they major in minor things. They focus how to make a living instead of designing a life.

If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.

Show me your friends, and I'll show your future.

If you hang around five...
  • confident & intelligent people, you'll be the sixth.
  • millionaires, you'll be the sixth.
  • idiots, you'll be the sixth.
  • broke people, you'll be the sixth.

It’s inevitable.

Who you spend time with is who you become. Always be around people that would be embarrassed to be at the level you're inspired to do.
  • If you want to make $100k a year hang out with people that make $100k a year would be embarrassing for them.
  • If you want to make, a million dollars, hang out with a bunch of people that make a million dollars would be a sad year for them.

You can't change people, but you can change the people you're with. The People you Spend Time With Determine your Success.

Remember, Environment Is Stronger than Willpower. The fastest way to do the things you don’t think can be done is to hang around people already doing them. Choose your friends wisely and brainwash the impossible.

If you don’t like to exercise, but you spend every moment of your life with people who love fitness, sooner or later you'll start to exercise as well.

Most people’s lives are a direct reflection of the expectations of their peer group.

Knowledge isn't power…it’s Potential power. Execution will trump knowledge any day.

TAKE ACTION:

1. Write down five lousy questions you've been asking yourself. And then write down five empowering questions that will make your life better. Read those questions every day for at least 30 days.

2. Make it a priority to find a coach, mentor, or expert in the field you're in and schedule a coffee or lunch to ask them intelligent questions. You might have to pay for a mentor and most people who can help you value their time at a high level. If you think mentorship is expensive, try mediocrity.

Success leaves clues. People who succeed consistently aren't lucky; they’re doing something different than anyone else. They have a strategy that works, and if you follow their strategy and you sow the same seeds, then you’ll reap the same rewards.

You don’t need to reinvent the wheel – simply learn from the best.

Ask someone who can help you. But understand that their time is valuable. First, figure out how you can help them, add value to their life, and then they'll be more likely to help you.

They may not even know the strategy, but they have one. And if you study them and figure what it is. You can save yourself decades of trial and error learning.

3. Do you have a friend or college that makes this mistake?
  • Send them a link to this article, you might be saving their life.

Sources of Inspiration that will change your life as it has changed mine:

Tony Robbins - https://goo.gl/lEsfRM

Brendon Burchard - http://brendon.mykajabi.com/a/9/Nx6BT26R

Tai Lopez - http://www.the67steps.com/c/habits101/&f=230

Last edited: