How Important Is Friendship?

radascars

Advisor Member
Friendship is like water for a plant. It helps nurture you and helps keep you alive. As the saying goes "No man is an island" we need friends to keep us company through our UPS and DOWNS in life.
You forgot to mention that friends also can put you down 6 feet under. Friends are not just there to make us more strong and support and accept us for being true, there are also friends that take advantage of you to benefit. :(

carlvennt

Yes,definitely friendship plays an important role in ones life.Without friends life would have an empty place which could only be filled by friends and no one else.There are many things that can be shared only by friends and no one else not even with our family members,so friends play an important role in ones life.

Last edited by a moderator:

carlvennt

Yes definitely friendship plays an important part in ones life.A life without a friend is life without water.There are many things which can be shared only with friends and with no one else not even with our family members so friends are a must in life.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryan Doug

Friendship inside a relationship can make a healthy living for the couple. This creates a strong bond and excitement for the couple. With a strong friendship that is being established, the couple will not be ashamed of telling all their secrets in life because they assume each one that is a good listener and comforter. The more you see your partner as your best friend, is the more you will see him or her as a good and faithful lover. :)

bneil

As the saying Goes," No Man is an Island " , no one could ever survive happily without a single friend to accompany him/her. Having friends is natural to humans, we need each other to help, each other, and to have guidance too.

rose banks

it's much better if you are friends before you became couples because friends knows each other's flaws, strengths and weakness. In the first stage after becoming couples, you are romantically in love however in the long run that love fades but if you have that friendship and companionship you will never worry that your marriage will fail because friendship will hold that marriage.

Ryan Doug

it's much better if you are friends before you became couples because friends knows each other's flaws, strengths and weakness. In the first stage after becoming couples, you are romantically in love however in the long run that love fades but if you have that friendship and companionship you will never worry that your marriage will fail because friendship will hold that marriage.

I strongly agree with this. If you start being a friendship before you come up in a lover stage, you will surely have a good bond with your partner. There is no reason that you will be ashamed of telling your secrets in life, as well as not be conscious on how you act before your partner because he or she truly knows who you are. The more your friendship is string, the more you will surely stick together.

Gerlie Reyes

I'd like to know how many of you here thinks that friendship plays an important role in a good, lasting relationship? I, for one believe this to be true. My husband and I are good friends first before we are a couple. We know our good and bad points and we accept each other for whatever flaws we have.

How about you? What do you think?
Friendship is one of the basics of life and should be treated as a sacred gift and never abused. Treat everyone as a friend and treat them as you would wish to be treated.

A

artistry

When speaking of a possible partner for life, as in marriage, I think being friends is essential, for a long term relationship. It helps as time goes on to know that you have in your partnership and partner, a true friend. That is very special.

Dorothy

I think friendship is very important in any relationship. If you are lucky enough to marry your best friend and it works out then that is great. But if it doesn't it could also ruin a good friendship, I have seen that happen before, but of course in any relationship there is no sure thing that it will work out , but when it is your best friend and he/she becomes your ex, you may also loose a friend or it won't be the same as before.

A

artistry

Dorothy, you make a good point. We tend to think of success in a marriage of two good friends, which is not always the case. As you also say friendship is important in all relationships. I just went through something which was very strange, the two of us were buddies, man and womam, he took something that was meant to help him, misconstrued it, got very insulted and decided he did not want to be friends anymore. It lead me to believe that the friendship was not as friendly as I thought. Very much a surprise, but a learning experience.

Dorothy

I think friendship is very important if you have a sincere and real friendship. There are some friendships that aren't as good because they get your trust and then stab you in the back. But if you can find someone that is a really true friend that is great. It is even better when it is your spouse, somebody you can share anything with and know they will not judge you or go behind your back talking about you. Friendship is a beautiful thing when it is true friendship.

pafjlh

For me friendship is very important. I value to the true friends that I have made along the way. As for being involved with someone you considered a friend first, I have never actually experienced this myself, but I can see how it can be a double edge sword so to speak. In some cases depending on how the relationship ends, you could also lose a friend as well as a spouse or romantic partner. But if the relationship ends in a way where the friendship can be salvaged this can be a good thing. Especially if there are children involved, being able to still be friends with the person can certainly be to the benefit of the kids.

Carmen Loody

Life would be more fun if we have friends, shall we say a good couple mostly start as a friends. It is better we know first each other before going into relationship. Love and understanding is important.

matthewebbert

Life would be more fun if we have friends, shall we say a good couple mostly start as a friends. It is better we know first each other before going into relationship. Love and understanding is important.
Not completely agree with you, but i found that maximum people ruin their friendship once they are in relationship..

John Tartaglio

I'd like to know how many of you here thinks that friendship plays an important role in a good, lasting relationship? I, for one believe this to be true. My husband and I are good friends first before we are a couple. We know our good and bad points and we accept each other for whatever flaws we have.

How about you? What do you think?
Same here, we were good friends before marriage. Now we both happy with our new life. A good advice. Must marry your very good friend. You will be happy.