How good are you in saving money?

AmazingP

Advisor Member
Can you still save some money despite all the expenses and debts piling up? If you answer is negative, then you are not alone as millions all over the world are finding it hard to save even a little out of the monthy income they are bringing home. And if yout hink this is confined to individuals earnings money as employees, even businessmen and entrepreneurs are also having a hard time doing this.

However, we have to understand that saving a certain percentage of the money earned should be spared for the future and for emergencies. We don't know what will be in the coming days and being prepared is definitely a big help.

I personally believe that at least 20% of what a person earns should be earmarked for savings. Remember, if there is a will there is a way. Control the little expenses and thoroughly evaluate your consumption pattern and I am sure you can easily identify uncecessary and luxurious expenses which can easily be trimmed from the budget.

Always be creative and thorough so that you can save some money.

zararina

Coaching Member
I could not say that I am so good in saving money but I could say that I am good in budgeting. ;)
I am used in budgeting my own money for all the expenses and bills I need to pay monthly. There are times that I spend on unnecessary things but more often I buy those that are really needed. I am always trying to save at least some money and I do no want to be left empty handed.

A

artistry

I am not a good saver, but I do buy assets which can be liquidated and turned into cash. Which, if and when needed, I am able to convert. Times are tight, and telling, that we could get by on a certain amount of money, say a year ago, and currently you need more. Although they say there is not that much inflation, I tend to think there is more, than what their measurement is showing.

radascars

Advisor Member
I am not that good at saving money I tend to spend much especially when I feel like eating and also buying NEW games on Steam. But I make it to a point that every month I can save 5-10% of my monthly salary for my future though sometimes I spend it unwisely I still have a good amount of cash in my savings.

kevinm

When I started working I did not save the money. I was too happy to spend my own money. But now I realize the importance of saving it for a rainy day.

Cecil Estrera

I always try to save money 'cause I am very well aware of its value. And since the day that I started to work, I realized that it isn't easy to find so we have to work real hard for it. What I do to save is to choose whatever alternatives are cheaper and practical without sacrificing the quality that I want for my family.

summerRain

No matter how hard I try to save some money from my earnings, I can't save any money at all. The expense at home is really huge and I can't withstand seeing my parents getting stressed due to financial matters. Of course, all of my savings will be given to them. And the ending? I got no money left on my pocket!

Yolanda

There is always a way to save money. If you are good at budgeting, use coupons, etc. there are ways to save money. I put this aside for emergencies too, or unexpected expenses. You can also save a lot with member cards of certain stores or by buying products you frequently use in bulk.

amy005

Since I am really not working much other then some projects online, I usually end up saving the majority of my money, my fiancee saves around 30 percent of what he makes and hopes to buy a new car for this winter season that will be more appropriate for MN winters. Unfortunately I do not even make enough right now to contribute anything. This is why I save all of what I make.