How Do You Start Your Day For Success?

DreamLifeRules

Coaching Member
When I started to learn about Rules of Success, I found, every successful person has a morning routine. It´s something, every one of us, has. I myself tried to do a lots of things in the morning, but I found, that this things I will share with you, fit for me.

First thing I do every single day, after I wake up - Showing Gratitude - That is first thing, after I open my eyes every day.
It keeps me motivated, it shows me, how grateful I am, for anything I have in life, other people could just think of. It makes me start be grateful for even tiny things, which I considered as a matter of course, and I didn´t appreciate it anymore.

Second thing is of course hygiene, as brushing my teeth, and also Cold Shower. There is no many things in the world, which has so many benefits, as a cold shower. Some benefits:
  • awake you immediately
  • improve your immune system
  • build your discipline
  • helps you focus
  • and many more benefits
Third thing for me, is Reading. In the morning, I like to read, motivational books, books that are proven by time (Classic books). All, what gives you motivation to your day. Lots of people like to read in the evening, or in the afternoon (I do that too, but my main time for reading is in the morning). In the morning it´s simply, because there is quiet, you have time just for yourself, and you can focus on the words you read.

Fourth is Exercising. I myself, like to exercise in the morning. I tried to do it in the afternoon, or even in the evening, but it doesn´t work for me. I always exercise in the morning. I also try to rotate types of exercising, for example, lifting weights, running, swimming, body weight exercise, and more. Just not doing the same thing over and over, which could led me to lose interest.

After that, there is breakfast, sometimes even planning my day (I like to do it in the evening before I go to bed), and I am full of energy and positive thinking, ready for the day.

What is your morning routine?

When I started to learn about Rules of Success, I found, every successful person has a morning routine. It´s something, every one of us, has. I myself tried to do a lots of things in the morning, but I found, that this things I will share with you, fit for me.

First thing I do every single day, after I wake up - Showing Gratitude - That is first thing, after I open my eyes every day.
It keeps me motivated, it shows me, how grateful I am, for anything I have in life, other people could just think of. It makes me start be grateful for even tiny things, which I considered as a matter of course, and I didn´t appreciate it anymore.

Second thing is of course hygiene, as brushing my teeth, and also Cold Shower. There is no many things in the world, which has so many benefits, as a cold shower. Some benefits:
  • awake you immediately
  • improve your immune system
  • build your discipline
  • helps you focus
  • and many more benefits
Third thing for me, is Reading. In the morning, I like to read, motivational books, books that are proven by time (Classic books). All, what gives you motivation to your day. Lots of people like to read in the evening, or in the afternoon (I do that too, but my main time for reading is in the morning). In the morning it´s simply, because there is quiet, you have time just for yourself, and you can focus on the words you read.

Fourth is Exercising. I myself, like to exercise in the morning. I tried to do it in the afternoon, or even in the evening, but it doesn´t work for me. I always exercise in the morning. I also try to rotate types of exercising, for example, lifting weights, running, swimming, body weight exercise, and more. Just not doing the same thing over and over, which could led me to lose interest.

After that, there is breakfast, sometimes even planning my day (I like to do it in the evening before I go to bed), and I am full of energy and positive thinking, ready for the day.

What is your morning routine?
Hey,
There's one thing my dad always does ever since he started to work. I could not do it consistently for more than a week..
It's "writing the next day's plans the night before, waking up and looking at it again, doing most of them and before sleeping ticking them off and setting up new list. Then go to bed again."
And I've rarely seen him stressing about the works and spending sleepless nights. He says, "because I have clear idea of what I did today and what I should do tomorrow, it's not difficult for me to fall asleep quickly."

It was nice read DreamLifeRules

DreamLifeRules

Coaching Member
Hey,
There's one thing my dad always does ever since he started to work. I could not do it consistently for more than a week..
It's "writing the next day's plans the night before, waking up and looking at it again, doing most of them and before sleeping ticking them off and setting up new list. Then go to bed again."
And I've rarely seen him stressing about the works and spending sleepless nights. He says, "because I have clear idea of what I did today and what I should do tomorrow, it's not difficult for me to fall asleep quickly."

It was nice read DreamLifeRules
Your dad´s way to planning a day, is for my opinion great. And I agree with statement, that he has no sleepless night because of it. I also find very surprising, how effective and helpful could be setting up a list to-do, for next, or even for running day. I also sometimes don´t set up my list in the evening, then I have to do it in the morning, but I am trying always go to sleep, with a clear mind and with a feeling, that I know, what I suppose to do next day.

Wake up, take medication, eat, DO WORK. i.e. building my career as a actor/musician/filmaker. Making contacts, studying, exercise, then hang out with friends and family. and then repeat.

EReacher

I focus on the two most important things (Tasks) that helps me grow my business. Lead gen and the actual work. No bells and whistles. Of course the mind likes to wander off but that's it. So takeaway is focus on the few and what works. Minimize like a mofo.

denydritz

Coaching Member
I have a similar morning routine. I pray, then meditate, then study.

I find that having a consistent morning routine helps to prepare my mind for the day. Although sometimes I don't do my morning routine because of a different schedule or during the weekends.

I remember my mentor saying that a morning routine is the secret of successful people. It's nice to read that many here have morning routines, it means we are all successful (or becoming successful) people!

Cheers!

Mick IOM

Advisor Member
I love that @DreamLifeRules!

I'm a big fan of having an empowering morning routine as I do believe that this kickstarts your day. Whatever happens at work or at home when you're tired after work, you know you already got some important things done for yourself.

Personally, I try to wake up so that I've got 2 hours every morning for myself. No matter if this is at 7 am or 5 am. My evening routine is designed to work well with my morning routine. This means to turn a blue light filter on and put my phone away 1 hour before going to sleep.

As for the morning, I start my day by making up my bed. Then I follow it with a short gratitude exercise and write in my 5-minute morning journal. Before leaving the bedroom I do a 5-minute yoga routine to activate my body and drink some water.

After that I take some time for my personal development and make a cup of coffee and read a book for about half an hour. I follow this up with 45 minutes of exercise (sometimes up to an hour). As you can see, exercise is very important to me. Then I take a shower followed by a cold shower, which will definitely wake you up.

I have a look at my goals and affirm the way I want to live my life (which hangs on my closet). I do this to make sure I stay on track and don't deviate - because that can happen easily.

As you can see I don't eat breakfast, as I follow an intermittent fasting protocol. It's an amazing way to get some extra time and I feel so much more energetic in the morning as well. I hope some of you will experiment with this yourselves!

Your PD-friend,
Mick :)

Mick IOM

Advisor Member
I have a similar morning routine. I pray, then meditate, then study.

I find that having a consistent morning routine helps to prepare my mind for the day. Although sometimes I don't do my morning routine because of a different schedule or during the weekends.

I remember my mentor saying that a morning routine is the secret of successful people. It's nice to read that many here have morning routines, it means we are all successful (or becoming successful) people!

Cheers!
Hey Denydritz,

That's an awesome way to start your day.

I don't believe anyone can be 100% consistent with a morning routine. Life keeps throwing stuff at you, right? I think if you do your morning routine 5/6 times per week it's great!

Personally, I've got 2 different morning routines as 1 of them is 2 hours and not always do I've got 2 hours in the morning (when I've to be somewhere or when I stay at a friends place).

I always try to drink plenty of water and do a short 5-minute yoga session as this fires up my body like crazy. Followed by some reading and meditating if the area and circumstances allow me so :)

Best regards,
Mick