How do you relax or have fun?

Dan_Bukowski

Advisor Member
The key is finding relaxing activities that are fun also. Such as reading, listening to music, hiking, photography, going out for dinner etc. Some times fun activities can be more draining than work. Choose those sparingly. It is important to relax the mind fro time to time.

Thora

Advisor Member
Actually the best way for me to relax, is to do many things at once!
The reason being, I have Attention-Deficit Disorder so I always have 15 radio stations on in my head at the same time. So I crochet or draw or play a "brain-dead" video game on my iphone, While watching or reading or listening. That way I actually Can focus on what I'm trying to focus on.
The only other way to calm my head is to exercise till I drop. Then there is "nothing-on" in my head ;)
Live easy!
Thora MJ

JoeInTheMiddle

Advisor Member
There is nothing like loosing yourself in a book. A good crime thriller or a tech magazine. Although writing a short story also helps me relax and get away form time to time.

Hey msuccess,

Relaxing is my favourite, especially if I have got my hands on a great book. But I meditate daily and do try the same with exercise (not my strongest area - I must say). And after a hard day of writing and all that goes with that I stare at a DVD. Thats how I relax.

RodaTL

Advisor Member
I relax doing martial arts training, reading, learning new things, hiking, biking, and seeing friends. Well, I also go to massage every once in a while. That helps me recover what I've challenged during my intense martial arts sessions...

Last edited:
Cleaning the toilets
Go to nearest park and socialize
Buying hardware that can be used for repairing
watching movie and animation in the weekend
Running.
Eat meat in restaurant.
Cleaning a car.
listen to favorite radio channel while driving.

For me it would be recording and writing rock music or just singing, playing guitar, drumming or learning things.
I also enjoy being with family and friends. I enjoy football, simulation games such as cities skylines or planet coaster. I also like to build things, or cleaning. Relaxing and sleeping is fun too.

Mick IOM

Coaching Member
I either go for a long walk and listen to an audiobook or I take a bath and watch something.
Sometimes I love to play a couple games of chess.

I love to challenge my own way of thinking or to expand knowledge so anything in that direction is pretty much fun and relaxing to me.

Of course, meeting friends and good conversations are great to but not always available on demand ;)

All the best,
Mick

Jay

Hi Queue,

nice link with cool games. Do you know if they really help to Train your brain? I read for example that when you Play Sodoku, you get better at playing soduku but it doesn't help your brain much.

Greetings Jay

Queue

Hi Queue,

nice link with cool games. Do you know if they really help to Train your brain? I read for example that when you Play Sodoku, you get better at playing soduku but it doesn't help your brain much.

Greetings Jay
Yes, they do help with your cognitive agility, games soduku also keep your mind shape! While researching for my articles I tried many of these, and found significant improvement.

denydritz

Coaching Member
Cuddling with my wife is relaxing and fun :X3:

I meditate in the morning and listen to meditation audios while working to stay relaxed. I play challenging video games for fun, and reading a book that makes me put it down to think about the content is relaxing.

Mick IOM

Coaching Member
Hey @Jay

Just a suggestion - have you ever tried Chess? That's a pretty interesting game to improve your brain as well. It requires patience to figure out each move though, but if you've got that patience, it's a really fun game.

There're a few other games like chess like the Chinese Go or backgammon, but I've personally never tried those.

All the best,
Mick

Queue

Hey @Jay

Just a suggestion - have you ever tried Chess? That's a pretty interesting game to improve your brain as well. It requires patience to figure out each move though, but if you've got that patience, it's a really fun game.

There're a few other games like chess like the Chinese Go or backgammon, but I've personally never tried those.

All the best,
Mick
Thanks!

Hey, i think so but still, i think you should buy for money something that will help you to become happy! As for me, i found pills, that help me deal with stress, and problems with sleep.

Last edited by a moderator:

Queue

Hey, i think so but still, i think you should buy for money something that will help you to become happy!
Hi, Michael, I believe that you must do what's best for you, it's the only to be truly happy. Life is not stationary, some things change, and some things stay the same. one thing I know is that your decisions must be your own, even if you arrive there after you evaluate it through other's opinions or perspectives. It's good hearing from you

Last edited by a moderator: