How do you relax or have fun?

MoreSuccess

Senior Advisor
Staff member
So when you're not working hard to achieve something, how do you just have fun or relax? I suppose workaholics don't worry much about that, however I think it's important to set aside time for other things. I sometimes like to read a good book, takes my mind into another world, more so than a movie as it allows more imagination.

zararina

Coaching Member
I sleep, it makes me relaxed. I also eat my favorite foods like chocolates and ice creams. I listen and sing with my favorite songs. And sometimes i go out bonding with good old friends. It was really nice to have conversations with them.

Matt

Most of the time I will go down to the beach to relax, but I also do enjoy making graphics. Sometimes I will just sit on the couch and do nothing.

songbird

I relax by reading and taking bubble baths. I also find that playing the piano and writing music is relaxing. Walking with a friend or by myself is another thing that I like to do to relax. Eating my favorite dessert and enjoying every mouth full is one of my most preferred methods.

speedy

Advisor Member
I love to crochet, so that's what I am doing to relax while watching a good movie or listening to some good Christian music. I usually go to sleep too to get some rest. Then, I used to clean my room too every time I am not busy because it does help refreshing my mind and helps me to be relax. Sometimes, I went to my brother's house as well and play with my nephews and nieces and have a short walk in the seashore every afternoon.

clauemi

I love to read too, don't have much time nowadays with my kids but always nice to lose myself in a book.

radascars

Advisor Member
If I don't have someone to talk to I tend to play all day long to relax and have fun. I am a gamer and prefer to play a lot when I have time, it seems very comfortable for me playing all along just to relax my day :)

yurithebest1

Reading a book is the best way for me to relax, because it usually makes me forget most of my problems.
There are also some other alternative ways for me to relax like going to the beach to swim, having a shower, taking care of plants and many other activities that make me forget my problems.

francrislee

To relax, I'd say I sleep for about 12 hours, most specially during weekends after 5 days of stressful tasks at work then I'll eat cake, (by the way, cake's my comfort food whenever I'm stressed, haha!), lastly, I'll ask my boyfriend to visit me at home or it is me who will visit him at home. (haha!)

To have FUN, well, I usually ask my friends to watch movies or go and have some nature adventure. :)

amy005

I also enjoy reading a good book to relax and just get lost in the story. Another thing I do is watch a lot of movies. I absolutely love movies. I like to lounge on the couch with a nice big pillow and watch a comedy or even a horror movie :) most would probably think that is weird since horror movies aren't always the most relaxing.. but they are my favorite and I somehow don't get effected by them much.

DeeNeely

I am surprised that no one has mentioned sex.
Other than that I have to say reading and designing for fun on the computer. I love piddling with my CAD programs and putting effort into space advocacy to relax.

WitchyWoman

I have a variety of things I do to help me relax depending on the mood I find myself in. I try to stay as relaxed and calm at all times. Meditation is my favorite and keeps me in tune with my inner self. I also enjoy the dark and candles. Bubble baths and a cup of warm tea or milk before bed are very relaxing. A nice bottle of wine, my husband, and a Jacuzzi is another alternative. Writing also helps me to relax. I also enjoy cuddling under a blanket and watching a chic flick to relax. I could go on but I think you get the idea!

fancyfingers

I love drawing, painting, even doodling! It helps to release any stress, or put ideas onto paper. Time flies by when I am painting.

A

artistry

...I love to watch game shows. If I am inspired I will write, I also like to paint oil abstracts.

summerRain

I relax by watching good movies, usually a comedy romance. ♥

And of course, I relax by shopping! Girls love to do that. A full body massage is also a good treat for myself after long period of work.

I relax by watching movies, especially movies that relate to personal development. I also enjoy walking in nature, national park or anything that relate to nature.

I also read book or listen to soft music for relaxation too.

I live in Greenland, in a small town with 400 people. Just a 5 minutes walk up the hill, will take me to a whole new world. If I look to the west, I see ocean, If I look to the east, I'll see fiords and beautiful mountains. Even in the winter, the nature is so amazing. I feel so fortunate that I live in the most beautiful place in the world.