How Do You Keep Your Love Alive?

beingwell

Falling in love is all fun and exciting. Nurturing it and staying in love is another thing. It takes patience, understanding, time, and a whole lot of things. In your case, how do you keep the flame of your love burning?

radascars

Advisor Member
I've learned a lot with my past relationship and with those experiences I've managed to have a good and growing relationship with my girlfriend. I keep my love alive for her by doing not to give your self 100%, I do not set standards as I do not give everything as in anything to her. I always keep surprises just like one step forward and two step backward move. :)

As of the moment we are happy and enjoy each other's company we are 1 year and 8 months now and still we have this sparks whenever we see each other. :)

Topsecret

Well this is a really tough question. I guess the honeymoon period can last from anywhere from a few months to a year. If I could bottle that feeling up and use it all the time, I definitely would! I think to keep your love alive you have to have surprises. You have to have a very strong relationship. Just like radascars said you have to change things up. Try not to get to much in a routine. Remind the person you love them, even do something special for them guy or girl. See girls expect guys to do something for them all the time, but I believe girls need to do something for their men too!

radascars

Advisor Member
Well this is a really tough question. I guess the honeymoon period can last from anywhere from a few months to a year. If I could bottle that feeling up and use it all the time, I definitely would! I think to keep your love alive you have to have surprises. You have to have a very strong relationship. Just like radascars said you have to change things up. Try not to get to much in a routine. Remind the person you love them, even do something special for them guy or girl. See girls expect guys to do something for them all the time, but I believe girls need to do something for their men too!
That's what exactly what I want to tell but I am lazy enough not to explain well, you got it all right! Keeping the love alive is really there if you and your partner do give and take. It takes both of you to work on the relationship. :)

cnewt156

It's about a week to my one year aniversary with my boyfriend and we love each other very much. I've learned that I can do little things to show him I care and he really appreciates that. I can spend a few minutes here and there and do a little something that will show him I care. I might write him a note telling him to have a good day and that I love him. Or I may make a nice dinner for when he gets home because he works two jobs right now, both being on third shift. He's helped me through some pretty hard times just as I'm helping him back. I think this goes in with the surprises mentioned, even if they are little.

dietcoke55

If you are truly in love someone I don’t think you have to consciously try to keep the flame burning however maybe I am just naïve. I never understood things like ‘couples therapy’ etc, I just think that there are so many people in the world that you shouldn’t have to try so hard to make a bad relationship work... and a good relationship; well that shouldn't require any work.

radascars

Advisor Member

If you are truly in love someone I don’t think you have to consciously try to keep the flame burning however maybe I am just naïve. I never understood things like ‘couples therapy’ etc, I just think that there are so many people in the world that you shouldn’t have to try so hard to make a bad relationship work... and a good relationship; well that shouldn't require any work.
I agree with you at some point we really don't need to put a lot of effort to work for a good relationship. What I mean is both of you should keep it alive as much as you can doing simple things that would really make you relationship worth to love. :)

speedy

Advisor Member
Falling in love is all fun and exciting. Nurturing it and staying in love is another thing. It takes patience, understanding, time, and a whole lot of things. In your case, how do you keep the flame of your love burning?
The funny word yet sweet word that I heard from my husband every day is " Hi, baby did I tell you I love you today?" I will tease him and I will answered No, though he already told me the first thing he woke up in the morning...I like it when he asked me that question. We are not together yet, and hopefully early this year but as much as possible we keep the flame burning. :). We might over used the word "I love you" but we were using it everyday. As much as possible we will kindle the excitement by taking care with each other by telling each other how we wanted spend the rest of our lives together. Yes, it is a beautiful thing to be in love. :)

nov0586

How Do You Keep Your Love Alive?

I keep love alive by living each day like it's our last day together.

Cecil Estrera

In our part, me and my hubby always finds time for each other every single day.
May it be simple little conversations or just watching TV together, we always make sure that we something together in a day. I believe little chit chats can really strengthen the bond between couples.
Holding hands and hugging each other counts too. ;)

Estefani

Well, I always try to do new, exciting things with my boyfriend to keep the romance and interest in each other alive. We try to do different activities whenever we go on dates other than just catch a movie or have dinner.