How do you handle arguments with friends?

zararina

Coaching Member
Friendship like any other relationship is not perfect. There are times that there are arguments happening within the circle of friends that you. There are also some friends would make the arguments worst instead of helping the two to fixed their problems to each other.

Have you ever have arguments with your friends? Mild or Serious? How do you handle the situation?

speedy

Advisor Member
Argument is normal in a circle of friends especially when the group is very crowded and the members have different interest and likes. I remembered that I was in a serious arguments and fight when my best friend because of the gossip and jealousy our our other friend in the circle. What I did was I personally talk to my friend without anybody around. Before that, I sent her a noce that I want to meet her in that place, then we talk. Since then, I joined a circle of friends but I always quiet and not involved much. I am a loyal friend but there was a incident that really hurts me and I don't want to close to anybody anymore like I did before. I have many friends but not to the extent that I am sharing everything to them.

AmazingP

Advisor Member
Best friends can be best enemies! And the main reason for that is because close friends have deeper emotional bond and attachment and any quarrel can have lasting effect if it is not immediately resolved. The problem with people is that we are expecting our friends to understand and care for us always. We have to understand that friends are not perfect too and they will always have their own shortcomings from time to time. When you have an argument with a friend, if the problem could not be remedied immediately then it is better for both parties to first be quiet and not issue any statement to the matter. Always have an open line and be willing to talk and then forgive each other.

Cecil Estrera

Best friends can be best enemies! And the main reason for that is because close friends have deeper emotional bond and attachment and any quarrel can have lasting effect if it is not immediately resolved. The problem with people is that we are expecting our friends to understand and care for us always. We have to understand that friends are not perfect too and they will always have their own shortcomings from time to time. When you have an argument with a friend, if the problem could not be remedied immediately then it is better for both parties to first be quiet and not issue any statement to the matter. Always have an open line and be willing to talk and then forgive each other.
I agree. Which reminds me of the saying "there's a think line between love and hate" wherein we can really say that your friends can become your enemy later on.
I think arguments and fights cannot be usually avoided, specially when the person became too close with you, and words easily are thrown without even realizing that it sometimes offends the other.
In my experience, I usually have arguments when my friends requested something which I can easily give.
In my belief, each of us should understand others if they can't give what you ask them to.
Too bad, others can be so demanding with friends. And I don't want someone like that.

vest007

Usually, I am quite relaxed as far as arguments with friends are considered. But sometimes it get nasty. One of my friends had an argument about a silly issue and it has been more than a year since we last spoke to each other. Fights do happen in life, we have to learn how to manage them.

Rhygez

I rarely have any serious arguments with my friends, because of my personality too, I am like "all peace".
But when it comes to argue with friend, most of the times I actually regret or get sad but it depends of the person we are arguing and what are we arguing about.
After all, life teach us to manage with certain things in our life, sometimes it can't even be explained.

beingwell

If you're really friends with your friends, there are bound to be arguments. The important thing is patching things up and ending up laughing about it. My friends and I have our own disagreements. That's what makes our friendships stronger. We try and understand and forgive each other after a heated or petty argument.