How Do You Deal With Obnoxious People?

beingwell

Have you ever encountered people with "superiority" complex?They think that they are always right and you are always wrong. It is annoying, isn't it? When I find myself in the company of this kinds, I try to see their point and find what's good in what s/he is saying. If this doesn't work, I beg off and leave him be.:D

iebo

Yes I know some people like this. I try to avoid them. In their company, I try to be polite, but eventually I might blow up at them and tell them what I really think of them.

fsxss

Yes I know some people like this. I try to avoid them. In their company, I try to be polite, but eventually I might blow up at them and tell them what I really think of them.
I couldn't have said it better. I start by dealing with them normally and always give them the benefit of the doubt, but if they don't change their attitude after a while, I tend to go away from them. If they seek interaction, I try to be polite, but I don't seek their interaction more than I strictly have to, so that I won't get disappointed in the end.

Having such people around you is stressing and bad for your mood, so I say avoid them as much and as soon as possible. Unfortunately for me, the vast majority of people in my university is that way :(

speedy

Advisor Member
Have you ever encountered people with "superiority" complex?They think that they are always right and you are always wrong. It is annoying, isn't it? When I find myself in the company of this kinds, I try to see their point and find what's good in what s/he is saying. If this doesn't work, I beg off and leave him be.:D
As much as possible I am trying to be away from this people because if they are always like that and telling you that you are wrong, whether we like it or not our self-esteem will be affected. Though we know that we are right but we will constantly hear from them that we are wrong, sometimes we believe them that we are really wrong. I met such kind of person and I let her talk to herself and that's the best thing for that person to keep her mouth shut off (Nobody is listening) :)

AmazingP

Advisor Member
Since I am not living in a cave like a hermit, I also encountered people who seems to be enjoying their arrogance and condescending attitude with other people. Of course, it is quite a drag to deal with people like this. However, I always remember not to be affected with their negative behavior. I shield my mind by thinking of other things beautiful and positive as my way of counteracting the bad vibes these people are spewing.

speedy

Advisor Member
Since I am not living in a cave like a hermit, I also encountered people who seems to be enjoying their arrogance and condescending attitude with other people. Of course, it is quite a drag to deal with people like this. However, I always remember not to be affected with their negative behavior. I shield my mind by thinking of other things beautiful and positive as my way of counteracting the bad vibes these people are spewing.
I agree with what you said, ignoring them and don't be affected. But sometimes it is very irritating to encounter such kind of person. I had a friend who is like that before which is in every middle of your conservation, she will say " No,no, no, you are wrong, it might be like this". I guess, I will accept it if she is only doing it once, twice but it is almost every time we talk. We still friends, and I ignore it. I just put in my mind that's just the way she is.

beingwell

I can't blame you, iebo. Honestly, I stay away from confrontations but there are times that we can take so much. Whenever I encounter annoying people, I try to put my feet on their shoes before I act on my feelings. If I really couldn't keep my cool, well they'll hear a piece of my mind for sure.:oops:

beingwell

Very nice, Amazing. I admire how you deal with people around you, especially those who are not quite in tune with your vibe. It's really better to attract positive energy rather than negative vibes since whatever you think, you attract in your life in general.

gowriter

Yes, it's quite hard. The best you can do is to try to turn a negative situation into a positive one.

We live in an era where it's much easier to speak your mind, and everyone has an opinion. People, more often than not, don't enjoy being corrected or even having others disagree with them. Some people have an especially difficult time with this and feel they must have the last word. So it's difficult. I've often had to catch myself with these thoughts. It's tough.

beingwell

I agree go writer. Even if it is hard to make the best out of a person's annoyance or arrogance, we should still try to accept him for who he is and make the best out of our conversation with him.

zararina

Coaching Member
If i could easily walk out from that situation, i would definitely be gone. But if i do not have choice, i will try my best to comprehend and understand what they would going to tell me. If i had nothing good to say for them or about them, i would just keep my mouth shut. :D

clauemi

I usually just ignore people who I dislike. Everyone thinks I am just shy which gets on my nerves but I am just too nice to tell someone I don't like them.

Cecil Estrera

Well there are a lot of people who does have that kind of attitude.
Examples are my ex-superiors from my previous jobs.
Whatever you say won't be heard, for them when you are wrong, you really really wrong!
Too bad I am just a subordinate so I have to take all of the hard feelings I felt then.

vest007

I usually just ignore people who I dislike. Everyone thinks I am just shy which gets on my nerves but I am just too nice to tell someone I don't like them.
Same here. People with superiority complex and personnel ego needs to be ignored. I don''t even talk to people who think that the entire world revolves around them. When they realize that no one is talking to them, they will start to behave properly.