How do you change your life when you're sick and physically limited?

whitelotus

Advisor Member
Hi, I have a chronic neurological disease that has no known cure and I'm really scared because this illness is what made me wake up from a life of living the bare minimum of my potential and now that I have woken up I can't do much. I'm 37 and very much want to heal and change my life. I have learned the hard way that healing takes patience and surrender. It seems to require a fine balance of action and inaction.

I realize that I need to start where I am. My mental cognition has improved so I'm reading again. I also try to go for a walk every day. I sit on a grounding mat, do guided meditations, eat healthy and even try new recipes when I have the energy.

I think the missing link is that I don't have support. For awhile I was attending as many group activities as possible but I had severe anxiety and the physical pain was overwhelming to the point where I couldn't enjoy anything. I also don't have a vehicle so it's hard to get around. My family is not close or healthy to be around. I don't have friends either.

I'm wondering if anyone can give me feedback or ideas. To me, friendship is everything and to not have that makes it incredibly hard to improve my life.

If I was you I would do a juice cleanse
Go to a retreat where they put you on a juice fast.
Then make sure to clear all stress from your life, watch lots of comedies
Your body can't heal while in a depressed state
The juice cleanse will alkalise your body which puts you in the optimum state for healing

whitelotus

Advisor Member
Hey thank you for your reply. I have done some juice cleanses and will continue to do them. I struggle a lot in this area but I'm becoming more disciplined. I have reduced a lot of stress but I'm not able to eliminate all external stresses so this is where I've utilized meditation. I also watch a lot of comedies and try to laugh every day. It's lonely though. I play with my cat and she makes me smile so that's nice. How long do you recommend I juice fast?

The longest I've gone so far is 5 days however I did snack during the cleanse and was told 5 days is the max my body can handle at the moment. My goal is to go all 5 days without any snacking at all. I'm not sure if there are retreats in my area that do juice cleanses but I will look into it. I have no income right now so money is tight.

Chronic neurological disorder, living alone, no near by family/support, no friends, no income.

I remember one beautiful bollywood song:

Duniya mein kitna gham hain
Mera gham kitna kam hain
Logo ka gham dekha to mein
Apna gham bhul gaya

English translation:

So much grief and pain in world
My pains are so less

When i saw people's pain
i forgot my own

--------

Are you taking medicines for your disorder ? if yes, would suggest please continue.

Regards

whitelotus

Advisor Member
Chronic neurological disorder, living alone, no near by family/support, no friends, no income.

Mera gham kitna kam hain
Apna gham bhul gaya

English translation:

My pains are so less

When i saw people's pain
i forgot my own

--------

Are you taking medicines for your disorder ? if yes, would suggest please continue.

Regards
What kind of a response is that? If I'm taking medications, please continue? Seriously, duh you think? Give me a break.

whitelotus

Advisor Member

Mera gham kitna kam hain
Apna gham bhul gaya

English translation:

My pains are so less

When i saw people's pain
i forgot my own

--------

Regards
And by the way it's not a "disorder" it's lyme disease.

Last edited:

Sarah Carlson

Advisor Member
I agree with Success Forever a cleanse would be good for your body.

I suggest Green Smoothie Retreat: A 7-Day Plan to Detox and Revitalize at Home by Victoria Boutenko. I have done it myself and had great results from it, I know there are many others who have benefited as well. It involves blending whole fruits (not seeds or stones) and vegetables so your body has enough energy.

I didn't struggle with hunger during the Detox or do any snacking (and that is often a problem for me). It gave me good results.

I hope this helps!